Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Macro Failed to Begin Execution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 21, 2005
US
Hello

I receive the message "Macro Failed to Begin Execution" in 2 scenarios. I believe it is related to the name of the .EBM file but cannot find guidelines in documentation.

Scenario 1 - Open Macro from the Macro Editor (already open) and click run. Solution: Close Macro Editor, re-open and try again. Runs fine.

Scenario 2 - Macro is called from a hook in this form "<path>\ebrun.exe" "<path>macro.ebm". Solution: I renamed the EBM file, and it stopped???

Any Ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

The error you're getting is from the macro failing compile (usually a bug). It's interesting that it works sometimes. I notice a post in the other forum that you are running several sessions and macros. My guess is that your macro is having trouble connecting to the session because of this.

calculus

Thank you, but some of these macros have been in use uneditted for a very long time. If it were a compile error it usually gives a line number. This error seems to generate BEFORE it steps into the code. It happens more often in macros that have "-" in them. The instigator to my post today was the Scenario 2 where the macro name was MultiMacroNoGlobal.ebm. When I removed the word Global from the file name it worked with no issues. My assumption was that it was related to the Reserved word Global.

FYI... calculus is an awesome handle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back