Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Macro Error - VAB6.DLL

Status
Not open for further replies.

k4ghg

Technical User
Dec 25, 2001
US
I have been using the same macro for several years and it stopped working. It seems that after I installed and uninstalled a new program, the Reference file "Visual Basic For Application's" is now pointing to the wrong folder and a the wrong DLL. I have other Macros that work fine and all refernce files are in the correct location. I tried to unseleted the Visual Basic For Application's reference for this database, but Access said I file is in use and can not be stopped.

I tried to import the file and macro to a new Dadabase, the Visual Basic For Application's reference is in the correct location, but I now get a cannot load DLL error for the line: Set db = CurrentDb. I have selected the same references as the old Macro and check that they existed.

Any suggestion or ideas are appreciated. Thank you... Ronnie

P.S. Using Windows 7 and Access 2002.

BTW, I am not recommending messing with the registry unless you are comfortable, but this is my best guess.

Thanks, I checked and the registry is correct. Also, its not clear why some DB/tables are fine, but one is not finding the correct reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back