Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Macola ship and debit for distributors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christian Corona

IS-IT--Management
Mar 21, 2020
MX
Hello,

Have you hear some software integration or customization with Macola 10 to handle ship and debit?

Ship and debit agreement enables suppliers to sell their goods at a uniform price, while distributors can react to local market conditions and lower the price they use to sell to customers without the risk of losing their profit margin. Once the sale is made, distributors can debit the supplier who usually credit the amount back as a rebate.
Please see about this term:
Thanks,
Christian

The only way I have ever seen this handled was very much a manual process.

Are you the manufacturer needing to manage receivables, or the distributor needing to manage payables?

Is it safe to assume that Enable can export the data for each ship and debit to say Excel? We have developed an Excel Import of payables that works quite well. Designing a solution for receivables should be doable as well.

Macola Software Veteran and SAP Business One Consultant on Training Wheels

Check out our Macola tools:

Thanks for your feedback.

I am the manufacturer needing to manage the receivables and maintain all this information. I'll explore this option with the key user to see if a manual/excel process works.

Thanks for your advice.

If Enable can export the relevant details, I can vert likely automate this process. Reach out to me if I can help.

I had a client in the plumbing industry. Sold mostly to distributors. They received "debits/rebates" constantly (part of the business). Orders were received as 850 doc's and feed into their system as orders. The "Rebate/Debits", I believe were 812 documents, and feed into Order Entry as either Credit Memo's or Invoice Type orders for Negative dollar amounts.

To clarify, NEmacGuy is talking about EDI documents. If you already use EDI to bring in customer orders (the 850 documents mentioned, and the most common use of EDI) then this might be a very good solution. If you don't use EDI this is still worth exploring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back