Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Macola Progression 7.9.340 EFT Prenotification

whjohnson81

IS-IT--Management
Aug 28, 2024
I have installed the Electronic Funds Transfer Enhancement on my new test server (2022 Server, 2019 SQL Server) running Macola Progression 7.9.340 and I am getting this error "schema check failed, field count different in APOPNFIL_SQL MSL". I am not sure why. It did not have me export the APOPNFIL before the installation, so now I am wondering if that messed up some tables during the installation. Has anyone else be able to successfully install this enhancement on 7.9.340 and get Accounts Payable to work?

I attached the Install sheet sent from ECI.

Thanks,
Wes

Attachments

• 79340_apeft_install.pdf
    119.1 KB · Views: 2
My first thought is to check the "Unzip the files of ‘APEFT.zip’" file and did it contain a new APOPNFIL_SQL MSL file ? Did it get saved to the MSL folder ? Probably best to call ECI. You could also check does the structure of the APOPNFIL_SQL MSL file (in the MSL directory) match the structure of the table in the SQL Database. The MSL file is translating the Btreive calls from Cobol into the fields in the SQL Database. Sounds like there is a mismatch of the MSL definition file and the table structure that is being called. Definite call ECI issue.

There is a new APOPNFIL_SQL MSL File in the unzipped folder that I copied to the MACSQL folder before I ran the enhancement install. I looked back at my notes when I ran and installed this EFT Enhancement on 7.9.1 and I had to export that file before running the installation, which makes me think I probably need to do it on this one too. I have restored my test server to before the installation and I am going to export the file, run the installation, then import the file and see if that fixes my issue before I call ECI. I already have them tracking down someone who can help me get prenotifications working hopefully.

My first thought is to check the "Unzip the files of ‘APEFT.zip’" file and did it contain a new APOPNFIL_SQL MSL file ? Did it get saved to the MSL folder ? Probably best to call ECI. You could also check does the structure of the APOPNFIL_SQL MSL file (in the MSL directory) match the structure of the table in the SQL Database. The MSL file is translating the Btreive calls from Cobol into the fields in the SQL Database. Sounds like there is a mismatch of the MSL definition file and the table structure that is being called. Definite call ECI issue.
And you are correct, there is a difference in the table structure from the old MSL file to the new MSL file, one extra table.

After re-installing and following the old directions for EFT installation, exporting the APOPNFIL_SQL file, then unzipping and installing the enhancement, then importing the file back into Macola, and initializing the new EFT fields, it ran correctly. I am still unable to create prenotifications but I can at least run Accounts Payable now.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back