Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Macola Progression 7.8.200 | Unable to open anything under AR > Trx > Cash Receipts 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOKRSIT

IS-IT--Management
Aug 5, 2021
US
Hi all,

I have a client that is suddenly unable to open anything under AR > Trx > Cash Receipts in Progression Workflow Explorer. They keep getting this error: Opening Procedure Failed. The only thing that opens under that folder is Prt Open Invc Worksht. I already had them try reopening macola and restarting their machines. I tried restarting the server, deleting the *.prt files, but nothing is helping. I googled around and also checked the msllockdb database but there are no records returned. Not sure if this matters but the user stated they were working in A/P earlier this week then the next day, they were not able to access those menu items.

Unfortunately, the client does not have a support contract and to renew is ridiculously expensive. We are not familiar with Macola and are hoping someone can guide us on how to troubleshoot this issue. The client is running Macola Progression 7.8.200 SQL on Windows Server 2012 R2. I appreciate all the help we can get.

Thanks,
Kevin

Hi,

Thank you for the response. We are not that familiar with Macola but i did open up the A/R, IM, and OE setup screens under the Maintain folder, tabbed through the fields and hit save. However, it still did not allow them back into the Cash Receipts modules. Please let us know what we else can try next. I appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Run a SQL trace, clear the log, then try opening the Cash Receipts screen. Check for the last file accessed before the transactions roll back. My guess on the crazy side a currency file or bank book. Do you have more than one company, or perhaps Macola Electronics Company. If so try in a different company. They you would know it's the data and no the program files.

Hi All,
Apologies for the delay. We were eventually able to figure out the issue. After going through each screen with the client, she realized she had accidentally enabled some sort of Bank Book Demo feature. After disabling that, she was able to get into those modules.

@NEMacGuy I also did the sql trace at the time and I think the last file mentioned was BB something but I did not know what to do after.

Thanks everyone for your help! Hope this helps others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back