Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Macola ES over VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndininno

IS-IT--Management
May 3, 2013
US
I'm running into issues running macola ES over vpn. I have an ipsec site to site vpn tunnel between my HQ where sql is, and manufacturing [MFG] is. ES from MFG is taking up to 5 seconds to populate parts fields etc. I'm wondering if upping the bandwidth to my MFG plant would help, or if the encryption overhead will still be an issue. Any thoughts?

Check primary DNS server address or load Hosts file with ip address of SQL server. Workstation will be doing a lot of calls to SQL server. Name resolution could be part of the problem.

I tried what you suggested. It didn't make any difference. I think my only solutions are to increase bandwidth or use Remote Desktop.

Remote desktop will provide better performance. Additional bandwidth will not necessarily address latency issues.

Thanks for the assistance NEmacGuy and JayTheGeek. We decided to deploy ES through RemoteApp. This seems to have solved the latency issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back