Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Macola ES Excel Add-In and recent MS critical update

Status
Not open for further replies.

JulieB313

Technical User
Dec 19, 2006
US
All:

For those of you who use the Macola ES Excel Add-In, you may have already discovered, or are just discovering, the effects of the recent critical update pushed April 10th by Microsoft.

Users will be getting a message: “Object library invalid or contains references to object definitions that could not be found”

According to the MS Knowledge Base, this is a known issue and the resolution is included in the KB article. After following the instructions on my computer (MacolaES 9.5.500, Excel 2010, Windows 7 x64) I am able to get Excel to work without the error message,the Excel reports integrated into the MacolaES package are working; however, I am not able to get the GL/Reports/Excel Add-In feature to work.

Since this is a fairly recent development I'm not finding much other info on this. I hope that this info saves someone else some time on their research, AND I sure hope that someone else that sees this can provide some additional insight in resolving the Add-In issue.

FYI,
Julie B.

(Not sure why this is doubling up .... sorry for the repetition)

Yes, Jay, this is similar and the 'fix' as noted in the post on the customer portal is the fix that gets Excel working (on my computer) without the message, and the ES Excel reports working without the message. It is the Excel Add-In itself that has stopped working.

I didn't check the Customer Portal because I didn't realize it was an older issue. I wouldn't have expected a response from Exact so quickly following the April 10th MS update!

My Exact consultants are also investigating the issue. I am very concerned because we went to the Excel Add-In from F9 for our financials. So I need this resolved by the end of April ... :(

Thanks for checking,
Julie B.

All: I found my resolution to be: In Excel/Options/Add-ins make sure the Exact Globe 2003 box is unchecked. Then launch the Exact Excel add-in, and the .EXD files will be recreated. Not sure if my W7 being 64-bit made a difference.

On a W7 32-bit computer: renamed the .EXD files, restarted, opened Excel 2010 and the Add-In was there, smooth as silk. Opened ES, and the Add-In worked just the way it had been, no troubles.

FYI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back