Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Macola client install error - 7.6.400

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsymonds

MIS
Jul 25, 2008
US
I am new to Macola and without any documentaion have had to install a client. Any client I install produces an error during the installation. It is a warning message: "Call to regdbcreatekeyex failed". I am installing from the macapps\macsql\install directory. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert

You say you are installing from the macapps folder. Are you browsing out to this folder on the network? Clients should always be installed from the locally mapped drive to the macapps folder (normally m:).

Peter Shirley
Macola Consultant, PA and surrounding states.

I have M mapped to \\macapps\macsql\install and run setup.xe... I get this message when running the install from there now - "The current Progression installation is reporting an invalid ICR version, which prevents the Progressive Client from running".

Am I doing something wrong here?

Did this workstation have Macola installed previously? Seeing that the install was attempted previously from the network and not the mapped drive, you may want to manually uninstall the Progression client on the workstation;

Delete the Macola Shared folder (C:\Program Files\Common Files). Delete the Macola7.ini file (C:\Windows). Delete the registry key (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE,SOFTWARE,MACOLA).

Then try re-installing the Macola client from the mapped drive. You will also get the error you are reporting if there is insufficient disk space on the workstation.

Beyond that, you probably need to get in touch with your Macola reseller for assistance.

Peter Shirley
Macola Consultant, PA and surrounding states.

I cleaned the registry, removed and local associated .ini's including temps used during setup. Clean the hd and still get this error on installation.

Check the macola7.cfg, look for blank lines and remove them with notepad.

Zbob2 - I looked at the file and there are no blank lines.

try mapping M: to \\servername\macapps, then go to M:\macsql\install and run setup.exe

based on your post above it sounds like you have M: mapped to the install folder.

You can also try running with from a command prompt with full and the end

M:\macsql\install\setup.exe full

Well, I freshly imaged a system and completed a successful install of the Macola client. When I log in as supervisor I now get an error: "Could not connect to XXX-macolasql Error :eek:bject or With block variable not set"... I will post a new thread for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back