Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Macola Allocations 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

J G PM

Technical User
Jun 18, 2020
US
Is there either a report in Macola or a Crystal Report or perhaps some SQL that would allow me to report out what inventory is allocated and to what order. Be it a Sales order or a Work Order?

I can pull up inventory and see if it is allocated but I have yet to be able to tell what is causing the allocation. I did see where I can reset the allocations, assuming they are incorrect but how can I know if I cannot tell what the inventory is being allocated to?

I suspect there is a simple question, I am curious to hear any insights.
Thanks,
Jim

J Green
DeltaTRAK

Unless you are using hard allocations in IM package setting, allocations do not get assigned to orders, it is simply a total number. Even with hard allocations, this only applied to serial/lot or binned items. Also it is worth pointing out that non-controlled item NEVER get allocated.

Macola Software Veteran and SAP Business One Consultant on Training Wheels

Check out our Macola tools:

Don thanks, you gave me the information I needed. I can stop looking for this. I was convinced I should be able to get a list of allocations based on an item. We are, as I suspect you know, using the Soft Allocations.

Thanks for your time,
Jim

J Green
DeltaTRAK

Jim,

You can get allocations by item, just not to the order level. If you have 10 on hand and customer orders for 150, then you will have 150 allocated. It is somewhat meaningless in this respect.

If you flip that and you have 150 on hand and orders for 10, Macola does not tell you which orders are allocated.

Back to the first scenario, if you run MRP, it will look at the 10 on hand, the 150 on customer orders PLUS any open purchase or production orders for the item. Just because you have 10 on hand and orders for 150 does not mean you need 140. You may have a PO for 200 due to arrive tomorrow. Even if that were not the case, there is nothing that says you need those 140 tomorrow. This is where MRP has a decided advantage, it'll tell you to buy or make them when you need them, no sooner.

In short MRP looks at supply and demand, while allocations only look at demand (and only some of the demand at that).

Macola Software Veteran and SAP Business One Consultant on Training Wheels

Check out our Macola tools:

The Inventory Transaction History would have all the allocations in it by order number (Sales Order, Production Order, Shop Order). Doc Type = "A

NEmacGuy, that is awesome... that helps immensely. I have ran my query and compared it to a few items and the numbers match perfectly. Initially I was thinking it would only be for open orders and I would have to separate old orders from current to get what I was thinking would be only active allocations but I see now once the order, either Work Order, or Sales Order is done it no longer holds an allocation and the doc_type = 'A' record is gone. Thank you so much for taking time to chime in here. I am going to share my very basic SQL so if there is a flaw maybe someone can point that out.
Jim

SELECT iminvtrx_sql.trx_dt, iminvtrx_sql.source, iminvtrx_sql.par_item_no, iminvtrx_sql.item_no,
imitmidx_sql.item_desc_1, iminvtrx_sql.quantity, iminvtrx_sql.ord_no, iminvtrx_sql.Loc, iminvtrx_sql.doc_type
FROM iminvtrx_sql INNER JOIN imitmidx_sql ON iminvtrx_sql.item_no = imitmidx_sql.item_no
WHERE (((iminvtrx_sql.trx_dt)>'1/1/2020') AND ((iminvtrx_sql.Loc)='MOD') AND ((iminvtrx_sql.doc_type)='A'))
ORDER BY iminvtrx_sql.trx_dt DESC

J Green
DeltaTRAK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back