Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Macola 7.6.100 Local Installation Trouble Win XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

leonmtz

IS-IT--Management
Sep 8, 2007
MX
In order to test some changes, I just made a local installation of Macola Progression 7.6.100i with Pervasive SQL 2000i in my Gateway Laptop with Windows XP Professional Edition SP2 (I have installed the client, too). When I run Progression Explorer appears a MS-DOS Style Window behind the Progression Login Screen with the message FILESYS: No FCB for then I can log in with Supervisor user and everything appears to go Ok, but when I try to Open any application I get an error message of "Btrieve Not Loaded" and Progression quits and appears another message "Application Completed". This occurs also with PWE.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Leon Matz

Do you have Pervasive 2000 on your laptop? I thought it had to be installed on a server OS, not a workstation OS like XP.

Also is this XP Pro or XP home? Progression will not work on XP home.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"What version of URGENT!!! are you using?

Thank you for your answer.

Yes, I have Pervasive 2000i installed on my laptop like Server (not client). Also, I have Windows XP Pro installed.

I have Macola70 folder (application folder) mapped like drive M and PVSW folder like drive P.

Progression lets me login but it does not let me open any application.

Thanks.

If you open pervasive, can you see the demo data installed by pervasive? If so can you open a table and see the raw data?

Did you run the Pervasive client install?

I did not think you could install the server edition of Pervasive on a laptop. I have the workstation edition of Pervasive on my laptop for this reason.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

I also didn't think you could run Pervasive server edition on laptop. I think there is a workgroup edition???

Yes there is, I think the price is $100, but you won't be able to buy v2000i anymore?

Why are you still on Pervasive anyway? And an 8 year old version of it?

I uninstalled Pervasive 2000i Server from Add/Remove Programs control panel, I reboot my laptop and installed Pervasive 2000i SP3 client only.

When I run Progression Explorer I can see the purple splash window of Pervasive 2000i but I get an error message "Local Engine is not accesible to the MicroKernel router". Another error message is displayed with an 3012 error.

Thanks.

PS: Ok, I know Pervasive is obsolete but I have some clients already works with PVSW.

I uninstalled Pervasive 2000i Server with Add/Remove Programs control panel, I reboot my laptop and installed Pervasive 2000i SP3 client only and reboot again.

When I run Progression Explorer I can see the purple splash window of Pervasive 2000i but I get an error message "Local Engine is not accesible to the MicroKernel router". Another error message is displayed with an 3012 error.

Thanks.

PS: Ok, I know Pervasive is obsolete but I have some clients already works with PVSW.

I still think you need the workgroup engine installed. What you did on the last step effectively gives you no engine.

You definitely need the workgroup engine (workstation server version if you will) mentioned by Don earlier. Many of us run the software for both SQL and Pervasive on our local laptops for development or training purposes.

I would HIGHLY suggest you contact a good VAR and get off pervasive ASAP. You have a lot more issues that can be solved in SQL Server, that may make your life easier, and safer in the future.

Andy Baldwin

"Testing is the most overlooked programming language on the books!"

Ask a great question, get a great answer. Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.
Find out how to get great answers FAQ219-2884.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back