Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Macola 7.5 - POP- Disassembly

Status
Not open for further replies.

bUAYa99

MIS
Nov 16, 2007
SG
During Disassembly process,an error pops up stated that "item has no product structure records". Anyone know about this error msg?

please help.

Kind of a basic question but does the item have a BOM? A disassembly will take the FG out of stock and restock the components. Is this happening, regardless of the error message?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

the part do not have BOM, it is device label. FYI during disassembly process I will change the location from current location e.g. WIP to PRL (process reject location). meaning that it will reduce WIP qtty and add PRL qtty (correct me if i wrong)

but somehow when comes to this part it pop up with following message "item has no product structure records". Hence I cannot change the location.

bUAYa99

Your question is a little confusing. Assembly and Disassembly are for use with products that have BOM's. Do you run production orders for device labels?

If you want to change quantities or move to a different location, why don't you just use an inventory transaction?

Alternatively, if you have some reason for using Production Order Processing for the labels, why not make up a dummy BOM. We typically use 1/10,000 of a washer or bolt as a dummy component.

Hope this is helpful.

Randva is correct, if the item has no BOM, neither a POP assembly nor a disaasembly can be performed. Can you confirm there is no BOM and confirm what you are trying to accomplish?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back