Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Macintosh shortcut keys

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallie32

Technical User
Mar 16, 2002
GB
I use Photoshop 7 on a windows machine but I am taking a Photoshop course at a local technical college where they only use the Mac.
I would like to know where I can get information on shortcut keys for the mac, also what are the mac equivalents for the windows keys.
For instance I use Ctrl/Alt/Z for multiple undo's but unable to find a simular set of keys on the mac.
Thanks for any help.
wallie

They are the same as the PC short cuts. Just exchange CTRL for Command (the squiggly looking key next to the space bar) and Alt for Opt (Option). Everything else is the same.

Hope it helps.

Wow JT that almost looked like you knew what you were doing!

Ages since I used a Mac... is it cmd+shift+3 and/or cmd+shift+4?

Moe: It could have been a real ugly situation, but luckily I managed to shoot him in the spine.

cmd+shift+3 You will hear an audible shutter sound verifying the screenshot.

I can not verify if this is still the way it is done in OS X. (I'll look into it when I get home :)).

Wow JT that almost looked like you knew what you were doing!

If you want to capture just an area instead of the whole screen, cmd+shift+caps lock+4 will produce a crosshair icon which you can drag over the area you want.

... I LIKE THAT tad1952 - never knew that! - and i was trying to take a picture of my screen today! too late now though...

Kind Regards
Duncan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back