Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Machine will not boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncharlemagne

IS-IT--Management
Jan 21, 2003
GB
Had a problem with my machine it hung and would not reboot via the switch, i turned it off via the switch on the power supply , but then it would not turn back on, i changed the power supply but it still would nto boot , i tried taking the graphics card out and it still would not boot, could it be the graphics card, any ideas.

when you turn on the machine, do any of the fans spin up? any lights or sounds from the mobo? does the hard drive spin up? and when you changed the power supply, did you change the power cable as well?

(i'm assuming you changed the power supply by actually swapping out the supply box from inside the case....)

Scotsdude[bravo]
Help us help you - let us know when our insane scribblings help!!

opps i forgot to mention, i thought it was the motherboard, but i get a light on it when i turn the power on via the powersupply, maybe i'm wrong and it could still be the motherboard.

no, i'm not getting any fans spinning or mobo bleeps or drives spinning, just a light on the mobo, i have changed the power cable as well.

strange....if the power supply is ok, then the hard drive should still spin up, regardless of the mobo...

what type of mobo is it? Scotsdude[bravo]
Help us help you - let us know when our insane scribblings help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back