Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

machine will display in vga mode only

Status
Not open for further replies.

AirRaizer

Technical User
Feb 29, 2000
US
I just reinstalled a nt 4.0 machine. the install worked fine but after the install the machine is rebooted and select the display mode. The problem is that no matter what mode we choose it will only display in vga mode. I would appreciat any help possible.

are you having any IRQ conflicts that are causing the problem?  Have you installed the correct driver?

There didnt appear to be any Irq conflicts and yes the drivers were installed but now nothing can even be accessed. Three times we have reinstalled the entire thing and everytime we get the BSOD. One opinon I got was to replace the whole hard drive, but I rather not do that if at all avoidable. But thanks................

Is this server or workstation? If it's server, why worry about it much - unless this causes other problems. If it's workstation - is the adapter an AGP adapter? The correct NT driver is usually the fix for this - that's the NT driver not just any driver! What adapter is it?

Hi<br><br>Install SP4 or SP5 to get your display working fiiine<br><br>explore the CD rom of SP4 or 5 choose i386 directory and execute update <br><br>Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back