Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

machine not accessible outside LAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarf

Technical User
Dec 10, 2003
US
please see my other post here:

there you can see my problem, what others have told me, and what i have done thus far. i also read over the solaris networking faq and did not find any solutions there. thanks for your time peeps!

what happens/output if you traceroute the packet ?

scarf, do you have another Sun?
If yes, connect this Sun (lets call it SunTest) to a HUB (NOT a switch!), also connect VMS-Gateway and the Sun (call it SunFault), which has problems connecting something else but it's own LAN, to it.

on SunTest run: snoop
on SunFault run: ping -s VMShost
can you "see" packeges and replies?

Next Ping something behind the VMShost. Kon you still see Packegaes and Replies? If you see no replies the VMS guys need to tell you where they send the packages and why you do not get any replies... :)

Regards
-- Franz
Sorry I'm not a native spaeker, I'm from Munich, Germany - "Home of the Whopper", oh no, "Home of the Oktoberfest" ;-)
Solaris System Manager; I used to work for Sun Microsystems Support (EMEA) for 5 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back