Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Machine locking up when saving files for one user

Status
Not open for further replies.

triffe

Technical User
Jun 21, 2001
US
We have a user that has not been able to save a Word or Excel file to his local drive. When he clicks on the drop down to change the save in location from the default of My Documents to his local C drive, his machine locks up, and he is forced to do a hard reboot. Also if he is in Outlook and tries to attach a file located on his local C drive to an email he is sending in his Citrix session, his machine locks up again.

We are on Metaframe XPe.

I tried to recreate this problem on my end, but I can't seem to recreate the issue he is experiencing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

After talking with this user more, I found out that after he tries to change the save in directory to his local drive and his machine freezes up, if he waits about 5 minutes, he will lose his connection, reconnect on, return back to the spot he was before, and then he is able to save the Word or Excel document to his local hard drive.

We don't have a time out setting to disconnect the user after being idle for a period of time, so I am stumped as to what is going on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back