Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Macdmark Logon script (How to clear Internet Tmp Files)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ojosh

MIS
May 10, 2006
NG
Hi All,

I use Markdmac's logon script to map users to Shared Folders on Windows 2003 active directory Services.

When I integrated the following script that "Clear Temporary Internet Files on Exit"

"' This code will empty the Temp Internet Files on Exit
'=====================================
Dim tempiepath
tempiepath = "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\"

WSHShell.RegWrite tempiepath & "ShellNoRoam\MUICache\@inetcplc.dll,-4750","Empty Temporary Internet Files folder when

browser is closed","REG_SZ"

WSHShell.RegWrite tempiepath & "CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Cache\Persistent","0","REG_DWORD"
Set tempiepath = nothing"

to the existing script, the Script did not clear my users Internet Temporary File.

Can anybody who has used this succesfully tell me what to do so that My TEMP internet files are deleted when I exit the browser.

Thanks

Thanks Mark,

Can you please tell how to set the Registry key properly.

Do I need to do this for all the systems that need the script.

Thanks

The script when run should be setting the registry keys. I am asking if you have verified that the registry is being changed or not.

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\MUICache\@inetcplc.dll,-4750","Empty Temporary Internet Files folder when browser is closed","REG_SZ"

and

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Cache\Persistent","0"

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back