Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mac user looking for PC Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

maruyama

Instructor
May 4, 2004
I'm looking for a good kickin' laptop; PC.

As a veteran Mac user, I'm already entrenched in the software world of Apple, but there are many things I would like to review that require a PC. I already have a desktop G5, but Virtual PC isn't really the same as running it on a PC.

I'm looking for a mobile system that I can show to students and other interested Mac-heads that would be at least as impressive as a PowerBook (G4 17").

Thanks for the help.

Ko Maruyama
Free Tutorials

maruyama,

I won't question your motives for a PC but to get even close to a PB is a stretch.

If you can wait, there are rumors of 20" wide screens coming soon.

Here are a few links to possible candidates:

Fujitsu

Dell

Sony

Hope This Helps

rvnguy
"I know everything..I just can't remember it all

T43 Thinkpad if you don't want all the fluff that comes with the retail sold notebooks.

We currently use a desktop replacement laptop made by ProStar: the battery life is only about 30 minutes but the thing is as fast as a desktop. I am not sure if it goes a full 20" but it does offer a fairly large widescreen. and full keyboard which is a must with the accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back