Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mac Softphone in Mavericks

Status
Not open for further replies.

gringotektips

Technical User
May 16, 2007
GB
Hi All,
Anyone upgraded their Mac to Mavaricks and found that their Softphone no longer connects??????

If anyone has a fix, please share....

Regards

Hello
Anyone have any update on this?
We have a client with 20 Soft Phones on MAC that now dont work due to Maverick

Isaac Braca
Avaya ACA - IP Office
CTO / ICCS & Co., LLC.

ICCS, Your Premier IT & Telecom Partner, is a New York City Based Avaya SMB Expert Business Partner and IT Consulting Firm.

Visit and Post on my Blog:

Anyone w update? Just Installed the softphone for MAC that comes on latest IPO 9.0.1 (SP1) download- seems it is same as from several releases ago (April 2012 -goes back to at least 8.1). Put it on a new MAC Air w OSX 10.85 (mountainlion I guess) and it works- then put it on a new MACbook Pro w OSX 10.9 (Mavaricks)......kind of acts like Sara Palin/John Mcain did (Mavaricks right...lol...) - no WIN! (installs and says 'validating License'...go to other machine and put in same credentials and works fine so it is NOT a license issue.....need solution as it is going to be impossible to keep Mac users from upgrading and telling them to downgrade OSX - that would probably be life threatening, please help if there is a solution.

Note- why does CM get all the attention, I can see there is a patch for softphone 5.2 for AES/CM and Mavaricks- can't those CM guys share with the IPO guys- geez

The Avaya support site lists this as a known issue and that Mavericks isn't supported at this stage. I guess we just have to work for a future release....

Yep, I spoke to them and it did not seem to be very far up their 'to do' list. I had to roll my clients back to pre Maverick..

I have the something with Maverick. Please report when there will be change. I have ip office 8.0

Any update on this all? I have some really upset customers now asking me to return the soft phone licenses they bought only a year ago.

Isaac Braca
Avaya ACA - IP Office
CTO / ICCS & Co., LLC.

ICCS, Your Premier IT & Telecom Partner, is a New York City Based Avaya SMB Expert Business Partner and IT Consulting Firm.

Visit and Post on my Blog:

Not supported yet.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

Any update on this all? I have some really upset customers now asking me to return the soft phone licenses they bought only a year ago.

Let's not forget licences are non-refundable and you didn't upgrade their OS, they did, have them rollback until it's supported or tough, unless you want to refund out your own pocket for their mistake....unless you were consulted beforehand obviously :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back