Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MAC shared drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

jyohe

MIS
Jan 21, 2002
US
I am trying to mount a MAC shared drive on a Windows server. The problem is they are on two different domains. I can ping the IP address of the MAC from the Windows server. When I try to mount the MAC volume it acts as if it does not recognize the user name and password. The MAC does have the user installed and other machines on the MAC domain can mount the shared drive with this user name and password.

Take out the space in the username or put the Mac on the domain and set the sharing for domain users rather than local users.

The MAC is on a domain but not the same domain as the Windows server. Both domains are using Active directory but they are not on the same Active directory domain. ie: not parnet and child on a domain. The are two totally separate domains.

There is no space in the share name or the user name.

Is there a trust setup between the domains?

When I was born I was so suprised I didn't talk for 18 months

No. There is no trust between the domains. They are completely separate. We just created a network link between these two domains in the last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back