Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mac pci video card in a pc, can it be done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephannn

Technical User
Sep 8, 2003
SE
Hello,
Got a question about a Mac pci ATI ragep 128 video card that I would like to stick inside a pc. I, of course, tried it dry and the monitor remained black (no surprise there). Thing is, I was told that I could set jumpers on the video card that could make it useable on the pc, but I just can't find that information no matter where I look. Can anybody be of help?

btw, for those who wonder and think about trying it, the Studio 17 Mac monitor that comes with the G4 works beautifully with my pc without even getting an adaptor, I just plugged it in and presto. That's why I'm so eager to see if there's a way to use the video card, too.

Thanks!
Steph

I've been looking at this for a couple of days thinking someone with more knowledge on the subject might comment, well they havn't so I will just say I'm not sure about PCI graphics cards out of a Mac but AGP cards are definately differant and I'm guessing PCI cards are also non compatible (about 95% certain) if that helps any.
Martin

Replying helps further our knowledge, without comment leaves us wondering.

Have you bumped your head ?
Nothing about the architecture of Mac hardware is going to be compatible with PC hardware..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back