Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mac Pc compatiblity issues in InDesign CS

Status
Not open for further replies.

domino1879

Technical User
Nov 22, 2002
US
my girlfriend has been using InDesign CS back and forth between school and home, at school she works on a mac, and here at my house she works on a pc.

when she works on stuff here, it opens at school, but when she works at school it won't open here. she said it says something about a different version. i'm using CS, version 3.0. i haven't seen the ones at her school, but i was just wondering if there had been a patch or an upgrade. if they may be using a version 3.1 or 3.5? if so is there any way to open files from the newer version? my instincts tell me no, but here's to hoping.

her file saves from the mac all have file extensions.

Why haven't you checked with Adobe.com and updated to 3.0.1?

If this still is an issue, then either the school or you is running a beta version that you should not be runnning.

- - picklefish - -
Why is everyone in this forum responding to me as picklefish?

yeah, she called me this morning and said it was 3.0.1, so i downloaded the patch. i probably would've tried it sooner, but it didn't occur to me that a patch would make them incompatible. especially since it mainly addressed bugs and wasn't an upgrade.

yes, i know, major brainfart moment.

thanks for replying though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back