Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mac OS-X Bootable CD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hatemacOSX

Technical User
Oct 27, 2003
US
I think I have the problem licked with OS 9 and not being able to print when I boot off from a CD, I had to setup the laserwriter before I burnt the CD and disabled backround printing aswell to trick it into not using a spool file.

Now as an test, can a bootable MacOSX CD be made and setup to print from? A network boot is not an option, nor is any hard drive. This is becoming a pain in my *** assignment! :)

A fully functional boot OS X CD Rom is not possible. Most OS X boot disks only perform Apple System Restore to a local drive. You can create/install OS X on a Firewire or USB Drive. You might find some other Apple "workarounds" if you check the Support Discussions at Apple's website.....

Check versiontracker.com for 'bootcd' on OSX. It allows you to put OSX on a CD along with a disk utility to do emergency repairs. As Rastor notes, a fully functional OSX CD is not possible so I doubt printing would be possible. You will also find that booting OSX from a CD is unbearably slow.

- - picklefish - -

Why is everyone in this forum responding to me as picklefish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back