Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mac IE and Windows IE 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mindsweeper

Technical User
Mar 16, 2001
AU
Physically, is there a differnce in the Mac IE engine and that of it's Window's sibling?

Thank you.

Also, how different is Safari to the above two browsers mentioned? I just need a brief answer :)

There are two major differences...

1) A page in Mac IE can render differently than Windows IE. These differences are mostly seen with CSS and javascript.

2) If you consider them siblings, imagine Mac IE and Windows IE were taking a road trip with their parents to the Grand Canyon. Somewhere along the way, Mac IE was abandoned at a gas station.

Microsoft has stopped development on Mac IE because the newer Mac OSX comes with its own mighty fine browser: Safari.

- - picklefish - -
Why is everyone in this forum responding to me as picklefish?

I need some help and this is the best forum i can find for it. I am a PC user by heart but use a G4 in my job so you may need to bare with me.

My G4 fails to download files from the net i have tried IE, Safari and Netscape 7 and i get the same problem with all 3 (The browser starts to load as if it is retreving the file but then refreshes and then NOTHING)leading me to belive it could be something to do with the Mac preferences. I connect through a D-link 304 router over ISDN so it could be the routers firewall. Unfortunatly i was not here when the router was set up and nobody seems to know the User Name or Password for the router.

If i reset the router how diffrent will the setup be to that for a PC. any other suggestions welcome

2) If you consider them siblings, imagine Mac IE and Windows IE were taking a road trip with their parents to the Grand Canyon.  Somewhere along the way, Mac IE was abandoned at a gas station.

LMAO! Great answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back