Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mac attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elvio

Technical User
Jan 26, 2000
IT
when I receive e-mails with attachments from mac, I can't open it. I use lotus domino 5.0

thanks. [sig][/sig]

well, what kind of attachments are they? Are you trying to launch them or detach them? Typically, files transferred from a Mac to a PC don't show the appropriate extension, so launching won't work because Windows won't know what kind of file it is. Figure out what the file extension really should be and add the extension when you detach the file. Then try to open it.

Or, detach the file without an extension, and then open whatever program you plan to use to view the file first, then select the file and open it. [sig][/sig]

Thanks Racheld,

Sorry for my english.

I receive .jpeg, .pdf or .gif files. But the problem is that i receive the e-mails like MIME. I can't open the image files.

Thank You from Italy. [sig][/sig]

I think what you have to do is go into the Domino Directory and edit your person document.

Go to the Mail tab, and see what you have as your "Format preference for incoming mail" - it's probably marked as MIME. Change it - I would try no preference and see how that works; if it doesn't work out, try Notes Rich Text. [sig][/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back