Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mac & PC sharing a monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chays

Technical User
Nov 12, 2001
US
I have a IBM Pentium 4 with XP and a gray G4 with OS10. I also have a fairly new 21 inch Mac Monitor. I want to have them both share the same monitor. They can both keep their own keyboard and mouse. That is not a problem. Can someone lead me to a reference on how to do this? Is it possible? I tried a KVM, but could not get it to work. I need detailed instructions. No one seems to understand both the needs of PC's and Macs. As a result, no one has been able to help!

Thanks

I believe a KVM would probably be the best way for you to go. What problems did you have with the KVM previously?

I routinely switch my Dell flat-screen back and forth between the Dell desktop and Mac Powerbook laptop(s); used to do the same thing with an old Compaq monitor, and still do the same with a 21" Sony at home - - no settings to mess with, so I'd have to believe there's a switch out there that will do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back