Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MAC address

Status
Not open for further replies.

kv123

IS-IT--Management
Jul 1, 2003
HR
Hi there,

can anyone tell me which command to use in order to see MAC address of ASN, ARN and Passport 2430? Is there a way I can see it in Site Manager?

Nice regards,

Ivana

Hi Im not familiar with the specific units, only Passport 8600-> but in Device Manager, goto VLAN and then mark the vlan in which your macadress should be, and click bridge

:)

-Cheers, Niklas

kv123, not that I am aware of. I DO know that if it is plugged into a switch on the LAN, that you could just look at the bridging table and look at the entry for that port. You can also look at the router arp table for the IP on the other side of the WAN if you need to know that.

In Site Manager - use the STATISTICs tool...

Tools / Statistics Manager (or just the STATISTICs Button)

Then from the Menu - Tools / Launch Facility and look at the Ip Interface Information provided by the IP_Main2.DAT.

NOTE: If you have not used the Launch Facility before, or if you re-install or upgrade your site manager software, you have to use the Screen Manager function (same place) to add the preconfigured DAT files into the Launch Manager. There are a ton of them.

Or if you feel adventuresome, use the screen builder function and make your own customized screens.

Al T.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back