Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

M9316 Feature On Light 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

techtel

Technical User
Apr 5, 2005
US
I have a M9316 that has the Feature On Light lit and I do not know the feature that was used to turn it on. Does anyone know how to turn it off with out the code? Thanks!

Dumb Question. Do you have the right model phone plugged in?

Yes. A M9316 is an analog phone. You can move it to a different port and the feature light is still on.

I meant in comparison to what the switch has programmed for that location.

This is a analog phone so it is programmed as a 500 set like all analog is.

Is feature light in this case a message waiting light? If so have you tried to cancel it with a mck...

Thanks for the feadback. I do know all the things that make the light stay on. In this case though the light is on and the display says feature on. I do not know the feature that was used to turn it on. I have read the manual and it tells you how to turn it off if you have the code.

Thanks

Well, per the user's guide, to turn off the feature and the lamp you 1) press the feature light off key then 2) lift the handset or press the "Handsfree Mute" key or press the "dial" key. It says nothing about entering a code.

Does this not work in your situation?

Regards,
Harry
"The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back