Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

M8X24-DS proper shutdown 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdlrez

Technical User
Jul 26, 2006
US
Hi all,

I am normally a meridian option 11c guy, but I've been tasked with moving an M8X24-ds (M12XO) With Star Talk Mini, to a new location.

My question is pretty simple:

What is the proper way to shut it down so it can be disconnected and moved? I am accustomed to terminals where you use a console to disable cards and such first, then flipping the off switch.

This seems to be controlled via a handset? And I don't see any obvious On/Off on the cabinet. I do not want to just pull the plug obviously, and cannot find any manuals from when it was installed (long before my time here.)

I checked the FAQ section but didn't find this. Any helpful hints or suggestions are appreciated.

Just simply pull the power. power down the voicemail first then the KSU. After your moved the system power up the KSU first after phones have the date and time power up the voicemail. Then adjust the date and time on the system do to power loss. The rest is up to you. Good Luck!

They Just Look COOL !

like to add not many mini's out there and most older 8x24 lose programming when unplugged

Thanks much. I will give it a shot!

There is a shutdown procedure for the Nortsar NAMs...and I bet the Mini may have one also....just pulling the plug is never good for any CPU controlled device IF there is a shutdown setting...Let me search my files but I suspect you have already done this?
Chris

I have not pulled the switch yet, I am still working on wiring up the new office, so there is time left if someone knows how to do the shutdown properly.

Thanks.

Other than pulling the plug, I've never heard of a true procedure for powering down a startalk flash.

Lugerlover's got a point, though. Make sure you write down as much of the programming as you can before you unplug that dinosaur.

jdlrez.....kgrant has already answered the question and should have been the one to get a star??.
Trust a programmer over an IT guy....no offence.

No offense taken, i'm both (programmer and IT)

That being said I've just never encountered this type of PBX so I thought maybe a "star" would encourage the guy to find his procedure.

At this juncture I haven't got much past tomorrow afternoon to make a decision.

As far as writing down the programming, i'm not sure how i can accomplish that without the ability to find a manual, or any idea how to use a phone to program a pbx instead of a terminal.

i'll get it one way or another.

thanks.

How long do you anticipate it being unplugged?

If it is for a short period of time (1/2 hour or less), you may want to consider buying a small UPS for it.

If the caps are bad you can't unplug for 5 seconds and keep the data. If it's not on a UPS now chances are it's probably ok because any power failure would have already defaulted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back