Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

M7324 Won't come up

Status
Not open for further replies.

lynmar

Technical User
May 27, 2003
US
I have a M7324 I tried installing at an existing site and I could not get it to work, when I brought it back here and plugged it into a test key system it came right up? In both systems there was a M7310 phone, I just unplugged that one and plugged in thge M7324 it worked here but not on site? Any suggestions as to why?

Did the phone blink at all (keys and and display)

What happens if you plug a m7310 in it's place does it come up

kgrant

Yes the diplay showed the time and date and I was even able to get in to programming for a brief second then it would not work again. The M7310 works fine, i tried plugging this 7324 in several times but nothing. Plugged it in here and it came up the first time. On the site where it does not work the feature *0 doesn't even work. The only thing that will work is when I go off hook the ICM dial tone, but once I press any key it stops working again?

Sounds like you may have another set hooked into the same ext.

what type of ksu and what release of software,,,issue with old 6x16 not compatible i think

ONLY 7 WEEKS TILL SKI SEASON STARTS

Sometimes it takes a good while for the phone to come up. Sometimes, it looks like it is up, but then will turn off again and then re-initialize itself.

This can take up to 3-5 minutes.

Just make sure you give it that amount of time to completely come up.

Elise Levine

If you have switched set types on a digital station port, it sometimes takes a few set recycles(unpluging of set from jack)for the system to recognize the new set type.

The secret of Joy in work is contained in one word- excellence- To know how to do something well is to enjoy it..

I'll have to check this again tomorrow. It did recycle two times before I checked it. And when I did a status uupdate from another phone it showed this extension as a M7324. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't some setting or programming change that I had to make to accomodate a M7324.

See if you have a split pair from another set tied down with the set that will not come up.

Yes. Unplug the set and then call the extension and make sure it says "Not in Service" after a few seconds. If not, then you either have another set tied to that extension, or you have two extensions crossed somehow.

Also, you might want to try unplugging it and then disabling and re-enabling the port to erase any memory of the M7310.

Take the set to the mdf and punch it down right off the sta port-pull existing jumper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back