Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

M7324 CAP programs all buttons the same when programming one button

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBNIC

Technical User
Feb 16, 2017
US
Hello,

We had a change of staff recently so I was updating the CAP. Now, the last number i program will automatically program on ALL of the buttons on the CAP. Is there a way to fix this??

Sounds like a sticky button
So no matter what button you press it calls the same #?
Wiggle all the buttons (run your fingers rapidly over all of them) to free the one that is actually programmed for that #
-example is every set calls ext 225 then the original button 225 or the one you just reprogrammed is probably stuck.

To Check buttons use Feature * 0

Add me to LinkedIN

**New Allworx Forum**

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

I tried what you suggested with no luck.

When I program any of the buttons (top left button for instance), I will dial F*02... then 240. After that all 48 buttons will call ext 240. If I clear any of them F*1 then okay without entering anything, they will all clear.

Any idea why and or what I can do to fix it?

All of those buttons work perfectly (knock on wood!!) it's just the CAP.

Myself has never heard of this unless one of the buttons is not stuck.....on the CAP wiggle AND press down each one just to double check.

Try unplugging from the wall jack for a few seconds (reboot).

Add me to LinkedIN

**New Allworx Forum**

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

No luck. I pulled all the buttons out to make sure they weren't stuck and I unplugged it from the phone and then the wall for more than a min each and it's still having the same issue... Thanks for all your help.

Is there a SAPS powering the CAP ? If so, check for correct voltage at the end of the 6p6c cable that enters the CAP.

No external power supply. There never has been though and I have had this phone for years with the same CAP working just fine...

There is a capacitor in the CAP which retains programming. If it has reached the age point for failure, you could experience flaky behavior like you have seen. As curlycord suggested, get another CAP and test. You may not have a SAPS on the CAP at all, as you have stated. However, the wall wart may not be at the desk and may be back in the phone closet by the KSU and the power running down pair 2 or 2 and 3 on the drop to the M7324 jack. Just suggesting that if you have not looked in where the KSU is for a SAPS, it may be lurking in there tucked in a corner outlet or hidden outlet strip. I have seen SAPS tucked in the oddest places and they do not give any outward sign of failure, you need to throw a meter on them. I am pushing that angle a bit only because in my experience I generally see a SAPS whenever I deal with a CAP or KIM or KLM.

Also should ask are you sure no one had an errant cup of tea or any kind of spill ? The flexible printed circuit sheets will provide all kind of crazy results if wet.

On installations we always put the SAP where the KSU was located.

For a reference doc, web search for NN40090-106_02.01_capug.pdf It provides tips on button assignments and cold starts, etc.

[quotecurlycord (Programmer) 17 Feb 17 13:16

I was thinking the bottom two buttons on each far side above each other on a CAP but could not recall.
Bottom buttons on row 1 and row 4 in other words. ][/quote]

After you plug the set and cap in if you push those four button down at the same time when the cap begins to flash and hold them down.
The cap light will flash for each button in sequence starting at button 1. I cant remember if it programs the locals onto the button or just
initializes the cap. Its been almost 20 years. We use to do that on each new cap we installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back