Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

M7310 INTERNAL AUTODIAL 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DUCOMM

Technical User
Jan 7, 2005
US
I HAVE A MICS 6.1, JUST INSTALLED W/PRI. ONE STA-232 WHEN YOU PROGRAM A INTERNAL AUTODIAL BUTTON ON THIS SET, THE AUTODIAL PART WORKS BUT THE OFF-HOOK INDICATION WILL NOT. HAVE TRIED REPROGRAMMING BUTTONS AND UNPLUGGING SET TO RESTART SET BUT SAME THING.ALL OTHER SETS WORK OK. WHAT AM I MISSING HERE?

That's pretty odd, I've never seen that before. When you do a F*0 and press that key what does the display say? and can you press that key and have that extension automatically dialed?

Louie Roldan

Good point Marv, I didn't think about that one. I've never programmed a norstar system without I/C keys so I didn't even consider that possibility.

Louie Roldan

A similar problem was posted last year. There is an issue with older versions of sets on new software. 'BLF' functionality on internal auto-dial keys is lost with these older version sets. Similarily, if you were to have 7310 sets with the actual BLF snap-on module, the add-on will no longer work. The problem is the same with any type of set 7208, 7310, 7324. A real quick indicator is to use the contrast adjustment [F]*7. If the set will only go to a maximum of 4 contrast settings, it indicates an older version of the set which will exhibit this problem. These older sets are also incapable of 'Use Set Volume' in System Programming - Feature Settings.

magup1, interesting point about the 'use set volume', I have had this issue before and swapped out the phone and when a different phone worked, I just thought I had a bad phone. This recently happened to me on a MICS 4.1, do you know what software versions this rule applies to?

Louie Roldan

thanks guys, you answered my question.

Roldan: This is only speculation on my part, but I believe the 'use set volume' issue goes back right to the introduction of the option in CICS 1.0, MICS R1T1. I've never been able to track down a correlation between NT numbers on sets and their release versions. Again the quick indicator would seem to be the display contrast levels available.

I'm pretty sure the release number of the sets in question is 17 and higher. Also the sets will have the Norstar logo printed on the top instead of meridian.

Marv
TeleMarv Services

That makes some sense, if my memory serves me right, the phones I've had issues with were labeled Meridian. I'll have to keep this in mind.

Louie Roldan

there is a itas notice for set issue

ski season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back