Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

M7208 Handsfree Mute problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bricktop

Technical User
Feb 24, 2003
CA
Hi,

The handsfree mute button is on all the time. Lets say I hit line 1 to make a call, up comes the handsfree mute button. How can I turn this feature off. The programming has Handsfree set to auto and HF answerback is set to yes. Not sure what else I can do. Is it a problem with the phone itself?

Thanks.

change from Handsfree:auto to Handfree:std Good Luck!
DueE

Nope, tried all the diffrent settings, didn't work.

maybe it is the set, that change worked on my phone. Try changing it out.. Good Luck!
DueE

I think it is the set. I've tried it on different ports and still the same problem.

Try replacing the key cap. I've run in to some that are a little too big and cause the button to stick.

Chris

Nope, still nothing. Lets say I hit line 1, then press the handsfree mute button, it says microphone muted on the display. So its working, but just won't release.

Disable hands free all together..see what happens then re-enable standard and see what happends, report back on both.

You say also in your last post when you hit line one then handsfree/mute it say's mute on screen...to release mute press handsfree again.

spoclogo2.jpg

Ok, this if fixed. I opened it up and gave it a little cleaning. Works fine now.

Thanks for the help.

Amazing what coke and coffee can do eh?

PhM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back