Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

M3905 working as M3902 or similar 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

goverteam

IS-IT--Management
May 12, 2016
PT
Hello,
First of all it's my first time posting here, so sorry about something.

Is it possible to put a Nortel M3905 working as a M3902 or similar model?
I got a bunch of M3905 and I want to install on end-users to normal use, but they got some restrictions as it seems.
I can't even change the ring tone, only put the beep repeating himself.

If possible, give me some light on this, really appreciate
Thanks!

You can remove the cover plate at the top of the phone to reveal the hookswitch underneath.
There was "handset kit" you could buy to replace the cover plate and use a regular handset but I think it will work without the kit. Just not as pretty.

That's not what I'm talking about, every time someone calls to me I have to lift the handset and press a key for answering the phone.
I want it to be automatic when I lift the "hook/handset".

Something up like changing CLS to OLA and changing any LPK, but I don't get it.

TN here:

TN 006 0 00 01
TYPE 3904
CDEN 8D
CUST 0
FDN
TGAR 1
LDN NO
NCOS 7
SGRP 0
RNPG 15
SCI 0
SSU 0010
LNRS 16
XLST 2
SCPW
SFLT NO
CAC_MFC 0
CLS TLD FBD WTA LPR PUA MTD FND HTD TDD HFA GRLD CRPD STSD
MWD LMPN RMMD SMWD AAD IMD XHD IRA NID OLA VCE DRG1
POD DSX VMD CMSD SLKD CCSD SWD LNA CNDA
CFTD SFD MRD DDV CNID CDCA MSID DAPA BFED RCBD
ICDD CDMD MCTD CLBD AUTU
GPUA DPUA DNDA CFXA ARHD FITD CLTD ASCD
ABDD CFHD FICD NAID RNGI AGRD MOAD
UDI RCC HBTD AHA IPND DDGA NAMA MIND PRSD NRWD NRCD NROD
DRDD EXR0
USRD ULAD RTDD RBDD RBHD PGND OCBD FLXD FTTC DNDY DNO3 MCBN
FDSD NOVD CDMR
CPND_LANG ROM
HUNT
LPK 4
PLEV 02
CSDN
AST
IAPG 0
AACS NO
ITNA NO
DGRP
MLWU_LANG 0
MLNG POR
DNDR 0
KEY 00
01 SCR 276 0 MARP
17 TRN
18 AO6
19 CFW 16 244
20 RGA
22 RNP
DATE 12 MAY 2016

That IS what I'm talking about. You attached a picture of an M3905 so I assume that's you're talking about.
The telephone doesn't know you lifted the handset if you don't activate a hookswitch. When you remove the plate that covers the hookswitch on the M3905 then you can use it.

Well yes, that's a hookswitch but from the wrong side. You don't need to take the back off the phone.

Remove the cover plate shown in the attached pictures. You will need a small screwdriver or knife.

M3905_Hookswitch_Hidden_tstnsz.jpg

M3905_Hookswitch_Exposed_olms87.jpg

Hello Sir.
Once again thanks for your effort.
I bought this phones refurbished and they didn't come with that. I still need to press the key to do the call :

13183144_1116797488376705_1489931011_n_eqw1vl.jpg

You may need to program it as a 3905 instead of the 3904 programming.
You have set the CLS to IRA (incoming ringing line preference allowed) as well as the LPK 4 so this should do what you want it to do, but because it is programmed as a 3904 instead of a 3905 the phone may not function properly.
Just a thought.

I tested one programmed as a 3904 and it answers calls with the handset okay.
You need to have the handset plugged into the correct plug on the bottom of the phone.
M3905_connectors_paomtf.jpg

You may also have to deactivate the headset key - the green button on the bottom left of the phone.

3900 phones are smart enough to know if there is a handset plugged in and working. If there is not one (or if you have a bad handset cord) it wont let you answer the call when you pick up the handset.

The picture you just posted is a 3904, not a 3905. If you have the handset cord plugged into the correct port, and lifting the handset out of the cradle does not answer a call, then your refurbished phone probably has a faulty switch hook mechanism. If you have a warranty, send it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back