Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

m3905 stop working

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleetline

Technical User
Aug 15, 2007
US
We installed 16 M3905 phones and 14 do not work by pressing key o or login button. Two of the phones do work. The other phones did work at one time and last night they stopped working. We use handsets that are plugged in to the side of the phone and when you want to login you simply press key o and you are logged in. I have taken the bad phones to the stations that work and it still does not work. I assume its the phone and not the tn or programming. Do I need to do an FDL on the phoness? Any assistance will be appreciated.

That is correct, we are able to receive DN calls and make calls and press all the keys except for the login button.

we are using handsets not headsets. Two of the phones still work but most of them stop working.

You said you have the handset plugged into the port on the side of the phone? That is the supervisor observe port. Plug the handset into the handset port on the back of the phone.

Have you configured the login key on the phone correctly ?
I think its key 8 MSB 9 NRD. Then use the in calls key to login.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back