Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

M3904 Speakerphone on automatic

Status
Not open for further replies.

PEMpal

IS-IT--Management
Oct 3, 2003
US
User has M3904 phone.
Whenever phone rings, he picks up the handset to talk.
The caller's voice starts coming out of the speaker in the BASE of the M3904. How do I make that stop, permanently? My guess is that it's just a defective phone. I have replaced his M3904 with a spare and there's no probloem, except that all of his Personal Directory information is on the old phone. I ordered Nortel hardware so I can transfer the Personal Directory from the old phone to a laptop and then onto the new phone.

Try changing the handset and cord (spiral).
Will probably do the trick.
:)

i would also check the CLS on the set to make sure there aren't any features that are making this happen, like auto-something that enables the speakerphone when he picks up.

print the set and read every feature in the CLS.

I think it's a bad set. period. i tried swapping handset (no luck) and handset cord (no luck).
Time to call my provider for a replacemnet phone.
Thanks!

not a set problem, user has been playing with the phone feature.

press option and change voice default path back to handset instead of speaker

You could also try to do a firmware download to the set

ld 32
--------------------------------------------------
FDLF l s c u

Initiate forced download to one M39xx unit regardless of version or state. Units include: M3902, M3903, M3904 and M3905.
FWVU l s c u

Query and print the firmware versions currently on M39xx terminal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back