Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

M3904 problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brtman

MIS
Aug 2, 2004
US
What would cause a M3904 telephone to dial a certain extension no matter what digit is pressed? As soon as the first digit is pressed, it dials a certain number.

Bad Phone.

Test the 3904 at the TN and Test another Known Good 3904 at the TN. If the good phone works without the problem it's the Phone.

You could try to Flash the Firmware on the Bad Unit and see if the problem clears.

Good Luck
L.A. City Tech

Check what Key 0 is, is it a hotline key? if there is another DN programmed on the phone, see if when you use that DN if it does the same thing.

Scott Williams

IT, United States Coast Guard.

Replaced phone, and it fixed problem. Will do more troubleshooting once I get phone to my desk. Thanks to all who responded.

I had a phone do that once and it was the Green key sticking. If you have Last Number Redial allowed (LNA) it will dial the last number automatically if you have Live Dial Pad active in the phone options.

So as soon as the user would push a button it was dialing out the last number.

See if turning off the Live Dial Pad or LND stops it, either way the phone has problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back