Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

M3904 line issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgeisler1

IS-IT--Management
Aug 14, 2013
US
I'm having an odd situation in one of my offices. An M3904 phone stopped working (did nothing when buttons were pressed even though it had a dial tone), so I assumed it just died and brought in a replacement M3904. When I plugged that phone in, the speaker randomly started going off and on without me pressing it. The display was also extremely dark when it is first plugged in. I checked to make sure the TN was Digital and not analog, I disabled and reenabled the line with no change.
I'm not sure what to do at this point.

I have printed out the TN of the line just in case.

DES 2716
TN 008 0 10 01
TYPE 3904
CDEN 8D
CTYP XDLC
CUST 0
FDN 1596
TGAR 2
LDN NO
NCOS 5
SGRP 0
RNPG 0
SCI 0
SSU
XLST
SCPW
CLS CTD FBD WTA LPR MTD FNA HTA TDD HFA GRLD CRPD STSA
MWA LMPN RMMD SMWD AAD IMD XHD IRD NID OLD VCE DRG1
POD DSX VMD CMSD SLKD CCSD SWD LND CNDA
CFTD SFD MRD DDV CNIA CDCA MSID DAPA BFED RCBD
ICDD CDMD LLCN MCTD CLBD AUTU
GPUD DPUD DNDD CFXA ARHD CLTD ASCD
CPFA CPTA ABDD CFHD FICD NAID BUZZ AGRD MOAD AHD
DDGA NAMA
DRDD EXR0
USRD ULAD RTDD RBDD RBHD PGND OCBD FLXD FTTC DNDY DNO3 MCBN
CDMR
CPND_LANG ENG
RCO 0
HUNT 1596
LHK 0
PLEV 02
CSDN
AST
IAPG 0
AACS NO
ITNA NO
DGRP
MLWU_LANG 0
MLNG ENG
DNDR 0
KEY 00 SCR 2716 5 MARP
CPND
NAME DR SHORTS MA
XPLN 13
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
01 SCN 2711 5
CPND
NAME DR SHORTS OFFICE LINE 1
XPLN 23
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
02 ADL 16
03 SCR 2510 5
CPND
NAME DR SHORT
XPLN 13
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
04 SCN 2714 5
CPND
NAME DR SHORT NURSE LINE
XPLN 19
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
16 MWK 1596
17 TRN
18 AO6
19 CFW 16 2714
20 RGA
21 PRK
22 RNP
24 PRS
25 CHG
26 CPN
27 CLT
28 RLT
DATE 17 JAN 2013

Sounds like fluids spilled on the first and possibly second one was bad. Try the second one in a known good port to see what happens, after that I agree with GH

Have you also tried doing IDU 008 0 10 01 to find out if the system can see that the digital phone is plugged in?.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

I seem to remember that when you held down the RLS key when plugging in a digital phone it caused phone to go into a diagnostic mode of sorts. It did on the old 2008, 2616 phones anyway. All the lamps would be lit and pressing any key caused a beep. Might be worth trying this to see if the phone has a dodgy key or two.

I went ahead and created a new TN for that line and it fixed the issue. I'm not sure if that TN has died in the card or what happened. I will experiment with the line on another phone to see if the issue persists.

OK, the problem has started again even though I used a new TN and a different card in the system. I'm at a total loss at this point. Anyone have any more ideas?

Have you tried taking the telset and plugging directly at the main frame ?
This should prove that the internal wiring is OK or not.
Does the LJU have a capacitor in it ? if using CAT5 do you have the correct RJ45 adaptor
I assume you have tried the M3904 in a known working DN

I'm not sure I have the capability to plug the set directly at the main frame since it's just the pair that goes into the block. I am able to tone the line from the source all the way back to our switch room without any problems. I don't know about the LJU (I'm not even sure I know what that is), I'm fairly new to this position and I had almost no training on anything. The adaptor is correct, I even replaced it with a new one just in case.
I just re-terminated at the source and the problem is still happening. I will try a different pair to see if that has any effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back