Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

M3904 Display problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPostula

Technical User
Oct 8, 2008
US
Here's a strange one. I have a CS1K running 5.0 and starting yesterday all of the M3904 phones started acting up. When you hang them up, they no longer return to the idle display screen. The call timer still goes, and what ever display tree you were on remains until you hit the goodbye key. When you hit the goodbye key, it returns to the idle screen. Other than that, the phones work normally. Has anyone run across this?

Just to be sure - make sure the sets have not had the shift key pressed. I have ran service calls in the past where the cleaning people have wiped down the phones at night , then the users can,t see the keys but can still answer the phones. Some don't realize a 3904 actually has 12 keys ( 2 screens ).

Avaya/Nortel/NEC/Asterisk/Access Control/CCTV/DSX/Acti

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately this is happening will all 500+ phones. Its not just the M3904's either, the few M2616's we have also are doing the same thing.

I've INI'd, swapped cores and restarted the switch to no avail.

What card(s) recieve the on-hook indication and changes the display on the phones?

Might be a power supply issue. I would guess with the larger display the M3904 sets pull more current.

Controller cards might need to be reloaded. An INI or sysload would not necessarily reload the XPEC's, if that's what you have.

Is the system properly grounded, you might be getting some foreign interference from somewhere.

Thanks for all the advice. I did a restart of both cores, the primary first followed by the secondary 30 seconds later. This seemed to clear the problem up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back