Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

M3904 Caller List Empty

Status
Not open for further replies.

shedlord2

Technical User
May 20, 2006
GB
Hi,

We are just testing a M3904 on our system as we have need of letting the users see a list of incoming & missed calls. All seems to work ok with the phone except incoming callers are not logged in the caller list. Outgoing calls are logged in the redial list however.

Any ideas what we could change to get this working?

thanks

A couple of things give it CLS TDD and may be wise to do a 3904 firmware download

LD 32
.FDLU (TN)
Wait 10-15 mins

Cheers!!

Make sure one of the users does not unplug the phone in the middle of the firmware download, you could damage the phone.

Hi, thanks for the feedback but unfortunately neither worked.

All that appeared to change by doing this was that when you press the call log key and see the 3 options (Personal Directory, Caller List & Redial List) there is now a sort of digital black smudge partially across whatever option is selected!

Anything else I can try?

Is there anything in CLS that could block this? We had to set up this M3904 on the system, basing settings on a M2616D (we didn't have a 3904 on there that I could copy). So, there are a few dozen entries in the CLS that I transfered across.

CLS TDD CNDA.
On the set, press "Options". Arrow down to "Call log options" and press "select". Verify settings.

Aha! CLS CNDA worked. Was set on CNDD in the progamming I copied across. Yes, it is set to record all calls.

Luckily we only have one of these phones on loan to test it because the call logging doesn't work as I was hoping. What we need to happen is this:

1 Salesperson is on the phone to a client when another person tries to call their DDI number.

2 Phone goes "bleep", shows them the number of the person trying to get through. Salesperson has to decide if they should either complete the current call (what will usually happen) or switch to the incoming call.

3 If the salesperson didn't switch to the new call, once they are done on the first call they can go to a incoming caller list and retrieve the number from the missed call.

We need this so that we can do away with a load of mobile phones that salespeople are currently using merely because of the missed call information they provide.

The M3904 is delivering on parts of this but not all. My tests also produced some wacky results. Here's what I did and what happened.

1. I set it up to do call waiting (no indication at all that there was an attempted call while on another call without this)

2. Rang the extension from an internal phones, then from a second phone while the first call still connected.

Result: Phone beeps and shows the 2nd extension name/number. Ending both calls leaves only the first extension name/number in the caller list - most of the time! A couple of times both name/numbers appeared there. I didn't do anything different however and can't replicate this. Very odd.

3. As a last resort, thought I could suggest to the sales manager that the user has to quickly write down the incoming number as it flashes up on-screen. Not ideal (eg. if they ring off too quickly) and I had problems getting DDI numbers to work with call waiting. Internal numbers here work, but DDI's don't. Probably something in the programming? The only way I could get it to work is routing the DDI through an ACD running it past a menu service ID (ie. how you add a message before the call reaches the handset). However, doing this means the number that flashes on the handset is not the DDI number but some internal routing number instead.

Now, where's that brick wall gone? I need to bang my head against it again!!

Here is a print out of a 3904 in my system that logs all calls to key 0 and key 1.
I think you have something programmed wrong as this works everytime in my switch.
CLS ADD will cause the 3904 to only log key 0, cls TDD will log calls to any key. In the case of this phone keys 1,3, and 4

REQ: prt
TYPE: tnb
TN 52 0 10 13
SPWD
DATE
PAGE
DES

DES 3904
TN 052 0 10 13
TYPE 3904
CDEN 8D
CTYP XDLC
CUST 0
ERL 0
FDN 4800
TGAR 0
LDN NO
NCOS 5
SGRP 0
RNPG 9
SCI 0
SSU 0100
LNRS 12
XLST
SCPW
CLS UNR FBD WTA LPR PUA MTD FNA HTA TDD HFA GRLD CRPD STSA
MWA LMPN RMMD SMWD AAD IMD XHD IRD NID OLD VCE DRG1
POD DSX VMD SLKD CCSD SWD LNA CNDA
CFTD SFD MRD DDV CNID CDCA MSID DAPA BFED RCBD
ICDD CDMD LLCN MCTD CLBD AUTU
GPUD DPUD DNDD CFXA ARHD CLTD ASCD
CPFA CPTA ABDD CFHD FICD NAID BUZZ AGRD MOAD AHD
DDGA NAMA
DRDD EXR0
USMD USRD ULAD RTDD RBDD RBHD PGND OCBD FLXD FTTC DNDY DNO3 MCBN
CDMR PRED MCDD T87D PKCH
CPND_LANG ENG
RCO 1
HUNT 4800
LHK 1
PLEV 02
PUID
DANI NO
AST
IAPG 0
AACS NO
ITNA NO
DGRP
MLWU_LANG 0
MLNG ENG
DNDR 0
KEY 00 SCR 4165 1 MARP <-- DID number
CPND
NAME
XPLN 11
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
01 SCR 1165 D MARP <-- Line 2 non DID number
02 DSP
03 SCC 0082
04 SCN 4168 0 <-- Other persons DID number
CPND
NAME
XPLN 14
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
05 SCN 4169 0 <-- Other persons DID number
CPND
NAME
XPLN 13
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
06 ADL 16
07 NHC
08 ADL 16
09 CWT
11 MSB
16 MWK 4800
17 TRN
18 AO6
19 CFW 16 4800
20 RGA
21 PRK
22 RNP
23 SSU 0100
24 PRS
25 CHG
26 CPN
27 CLT
28 RLT
DATE 26 OCT 2009

Guycable2 - tried (most of) your settings with no luck. The system wouldn't let me enter various parts of this. In the CLS I wasn't allowed to add LLCN CPFA CPTA AGRD SLKD UMD DSX USMD MCBN CDMR PRED MCDD T87D or PKCH for various different reasons.

I suspect the problem lies in how I'm programming the keys. I wasn't able to replicate what you have as it threw up errors and I don't understand enough about how this kind of key programming works. So, I left it with just CWT on KEY 03 (nothing on 01 or 02).

As someone who wasn't formally trained on the system, just given the basics by the outgoing person who had been trained, I have quite a few blind spots with it. As far as I'm aware, no sets here have keys programmed with SCN. Can someone patiently explain what is happening in the key programming here, especially keys 00, 01, 04 & 05, and where the numbers 1165, 4168 & 4169 come from? Key 01 may be the 'key' to this (see what I did there?) - where does 1165 come from, what does the D signify, how does this become line 2 and what makes it "non DID"?

KEY 00 SCR 4165 1 MARP <-- DID number
CPND
NAME
XPLN 11
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST

01 SCR 1165 D MARP <-- Line 2 non DID number

02 DSP
03 SCC 0082

04 SCN 4168 0 <-- Other persons DID number
CPND
NAME
XPLN 14
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST

05 SCN 4169 0 <-- Other persons DID number
CPND
NAME
XPLN 13
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST

If someone phones a direct dial number attached to this phone and it is currently busy, what happens? Mine gives an engaged tone to the second caller and doesn't log their number. I need it, preferably to give a ringing tone and log their number.

Am I right in using CWT at all for this? I've read various threads about having second lines on a phone, like this...

KEY 0 SCR 1234
KEY 1 SCR 2345
HUNT 2345
CLS HTA

or
KEY 0 SCR 1234
KEY 1 SCR 2345
HUNT 000
CLS HTA
LHK 2

What happens if someone rings when the phone is engaged in either of these cases? Does it act like call waiting?

Ok, first thanks to everyone for the help you have given me so far. Using information from this and other threads here I've managed to get very close to what I need, but still have one obstacle to overcome.

Following all the above I decided to try the alternative approach, using a phantom DN added as a (SCR) key, rather than call waiting, with LHK 1 used to bump the call onto that DN when the phone is engaged.
I went back to the system and programmed the phone like this...

DES ATM
TN 016 0 00 08
TYPE 3904
CDEN 8D
CUST 0
FDN 7000
TGAR 1
LDN NO
NCOS 3
SGRP 0
RNPG 18
SCI 0
SSU 0010
XLST
SCPW
SFLT NO
CAC_MFC 0
CLS CTD FBD WTD LPR PUA MTD FNA HTA TDD HFD GRLD CRPD STSD
MWD RMMD SMWD AAD IMD XHD IRD NID OLD VCE DRG1
POD DSX VMD CMSD CCSD SWD LND CNDA
CFTD SFD MRD DDV CNID CDCA MSID DAPA BFED RCBD
ICDD CDMD MCTD CLBD AUTU
GPUD DPUD DNDD CFXD ARHD CLTD ASCD
ABDD CFHD FICD NAID BUZZ AGRD MOAD
UDI RCC HBTD AHD IPND DDGA NAMA MIND PRSD NRWD NRCD NROD
DRDD EXR0
USRD ULAD RTDD RBDD RBHD PGND OCBD FLXD FTTC DNDY DNO3 MCBN
CPND_LANG ENG
RCO 0
HUNT 000
LHK 1
PLEV 02
AST
IAPG 0
AACS NO
ITNA NO
DGRP
MLWU_LANG 0
DNDR 0
KEY 00 SCR 3409 0 MARP
01 SCR 3366 0 MARP
CPND
CPND_LANG ROMAN
NAME
XPLN 22
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
17 TRN
18 AO6
19 CFW 16 3500
20 RGA
21 PRK
22 RNP
24 PRS
25 CHG
26 CPN

When I have a direct dial pointed directly at this DN, it works perfectly. The phone rings, showing the caller number, user picks it up, a second caller is directed to 3366 which beeps and indicates on the user phone. After their call is ended, the caller list shows both caller numbers correctly.

There is one remaining issue. We have to play a message to callers before they are put through to these phone users as all their calls are recorded. To do this, we have to route calls via a voice service message then on to the DN, as below...

DDI - 783409 > ACD Dummy 6409 (voice services DN) > Menu Service ID 5409 (plays message we recorded for this user) > 3409 (user handset DN)

When I route my test this way, although the number which shows up on the phone for the incoming call is correct, the number which is then stored in the caller log is a 4 digit number which looks to me like a number associated with a port on the mail system.

Is there another way to play the message to the incoming caller (so that it isn't routed through mail)? Or, is there a way to make the caller list log the original caller number rather than an internal routing number?

Also, Should I start a different thread for this? It is a different question now I suppose!

thanks for any suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back