Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

M3904 Automatic Line Selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carol211

IS-IT--Management
Jul 31, 2008
Have read chapter on Automatic Line Selection but still am not clear on how best to set IRA/D, NIA/D and OLA/D. I have two basic templates for 3904 management sets in our call center.

Group A has no ACD features at all, and primary DN is on Key 0 with Hunt to Key 1. Picking up handset automatically accesses Key 0. Works great.

Group B has ACD features but 90% of the time, the phone is used for everyday calling, only logging in to take ACD calls in a crisis.

What is best way to program Group B? Currently ACD/In-Calls is on Key 0, with primary DN on Key 1 with LHK=2. How do I best set IRA/D, NIA/D, OKA/D and LPK so that they just have to pick up the handset to get dial tone or answer an incoming DN call (currently have to lift handset and press DN key), but also be able to receive ACD calls when necessary? Current settings are IRD, NID, OLD and LPK=0 but I'm not sure what combination will give me what I'm looking for. Thanks in advance!

IRA in the cls and LPK 2 if that is the last key for the DNs on that phone.

Signature===========================================
Artificial Intelligence Is No Match for Natural Stupidity.

The latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Red meat is not bad for you, it is the green fuzzy meat that is bad.

whatever number the lpk is set to will be how many lines the phone will automatically answer when it is ringing. So, if they has three lines, change it to lpk = 3.

If the phone has 3 lines, set LPK=2, since the keys are numbered 0, 1, 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back