Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

M3903 phones move to DSM16P 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoJHK

Systems Engineer
Nov 16, 2017
HK
Dear expert,

We are going to change the M1 to UCx250.
1. My question is when I connect all 16 pcs. of M3902 to the DSM16P. How do I know the mac address of each M3902?
For M3904, the mac address will show on the screen for each phone set.

Should I plug in the M3903 one by one to check the mac address?

2. If one of the M3903 was faulty and I need to replace it with a new phone.
Then how to identify the mac address of it?

Any suggestion is much appreciated.

BR/ Mo

In the drop down list box that shows unregistered phones, you will see the phone ID (not a MAC address - the value is a MAC address only for IP phones) and also the port number (1 through 16). That way, you know which phone you are assigning to an extension. Alternatively, you can make the association with extensions from the phones - with the set based configuration feature enabled, each user could enter the correct extension from their phone.

When you connect a new phone to the UCX server, it is included in the list of unregistered phones.

On the DSM16 card, you have the option to turn off Set Relocation. When the set relocation is off, the card uses port based addressing instead of the phone's ID. In this mode, the extension number is associated with a specific port on the DSM16 card, not with a phone (so, any phone connected to that port would always get the same extension number).

@ucxguy, your information is great and help me a lot during the phone set up.
Appreciated your help and have a good day!!

BR// MO

@ucxguy, as quote "Alternatively, you can make the association with extensions from the phones - with the set based configuration feature enabled, each user could enter the correct extension from their phone." I could not find "the set based configuration feature" from the extension edit page. Can you show me where this feature?

PBX Configuration / XSTIM Settings - close to the end of the Advanced General Settings, there is Set Based Configuration and Set Based Configuration Password. Extensions should be configured with 0 as the MAC address (phone ID).

When you enable the Set Based Configuration feature and some password, one of the soft keys on unregistered phones (if I remember the list most soft key) will have the label Config. Users can press this button, enter the set based configuration password and then enter the extension of their phone. Their phone will immediately reconnect and use that extension. You could also walk around the floor and enter the extension on each phone... :)

I just checked - here is a documentation link:

@ucxguy,

Great! Thanks for your help!

BR// MO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back