Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

M3903 Call log not working. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brutus82

MIS
Nov 25, 2008
US
I have a 3903 phone on our 61C that the user wants the ability to use the call log feature. It is setup on her phone to log all calls and it is on however, it does not display the call log. I took her phone to my desk which I also have a 3903 phone and switched them, the call log on her phone works when it's plugged into my extension. Help, what am I missing?

Thanks Gentlemen!

Make sure CNDA is programmed in CLS of her TN.

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

I wish it was as easy as CNDA however, there has to be something else I’m missing. I checked a couple other phones nearby and call log was working on their phones (M3904’s). Those two phones are both programmed with CNDD and DNDD which is the same way as the persons phone who is requesting this feature. See programming below:

EXT: 4772 (needs Call Log to work)

DES 008001
TN 008 0 01 11
TYPE 3903
CDEN 8D
CTYP XDLC
CUST 0
FDN 4000
TGAR 4
LDN NO
NCOS 2
SGRP 0
RNPG 9
SCI 0
SSU 0000
LNRS 16
XLST
CLS CTD FBD WTA LPR PUA MTD FNA HTA TDD HFA GRLD CRPD STSD
MWA RMMD SMWD AAD IMD XHD IRA NID OLA VCE DRG1
POD DSX VMD CMSD SLKD CCSD SWD LNA CNDD
CFTD SFD DDV CNID CDCA MSID DAPA BFED RCBD
ICDD CDMD MCTD CLBD AUTU
GPUD DPUD DNDD CFXD ARHA FITD CLTD ASCD
CPFA CPTA ABDD CFHD FICD NAID BUZZ AHD
DDGA NAMA
USRD ULAD RTDD RBDD RBHD PGND OCBD FLXD FTTC MCBN
CPND_LANG ENG
RCO 0
HUNT 4000
LHK 0
LPK 2
PLEV 02
AST
IAPG 0
AACS NO
ITNA NO
DGRP
DNDR 0
KEY 00 SCR 4772 6 MARP
CPND
NAME LUANNE HEDDLESTON
XPLN 17
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
01 SCR 6966 5 MARP
02 SCR 1208 8 MARP
16 MWK 4000
17 TRN
18 AO6
19 CFW 4 4000
20 RGA
22 RNP
23 SSU 0000

EXT: 2280 (Call Log works)

DES 004004
TN 004 0 04 01
TYPE 3904
CDEN 8D
CTYP XDLC
CUST 0
FDN
TGAR 4
LDN NO
NCOS 2
SGRP 0
RNPG 43
SCI 0
SSU 0000
LNRS 16
XLST
CLS CTD FBD WTA LPR PUD MTD FNA HTD TDD HFA GRLD CRPD STSD
MWD RMMD SMWD AAD IMD XHD IRA NID OLA VCE DRG1
ICDD CDMD MCTD CLBD AUTU
DDGA NAMA
CPND_LANG ENG
RCO 0
HUNT 000
LHK 5
LPK 5
PLEV 02
AST
IAPG 0
AACS NO
ITNA NO
DGRP
DNDR 0
KEY 00 SCR 2280 8 MARP
CPND
NAME MAIN POST 2200
XPLN 20
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
01 SCR 2281 8
CPND
NAME MAIN POST 2200
XPLN 20
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
02 SCR 2282 8
03 SCR 2283 8
04 SCR 2284 8
05 SCR 3200 5
CPND
NAME MAIN POST 2
XPLN 18
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
17 TRN
18 AO6
19 CFW 4 2180
20 RGA
22 RNP
23 SSU 0000

EXT: 3200 (Call Log works)

DES 004003
TN 004 0 03 01
TYPE 3904
CDEN 8D
CTYP XDLC
CUST 0
FDN
TGAR 4
LDN NO
NCOS 2
SGRP 0
RNPG 43
SCI 0
SSU 0000
LNRS 16
XLST
CLS CTD FBD WTA LPR PUD MTD FNA HTA TDD HFA GRLD CRPD STSD
MWD RMMD SMWD AAD IMD XHD IRA NID OLA VCE DRG1
ICDD CDMD MCTD CLBD AUTU
DDGA NAMA
CPND_LANG ENG
RCO 0
HUNT 000
LHK 5
LPK 5
PLEV 02
AST
IAPG 0
AACS NO
ITNA NO
DGRP
DNDR 0
KEY 00 SCR 3200 5 MARP
CPND
NAME MAIN POST 2
XPLN 18
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
01 SCR 2280 8
CPND
NAME MAIN POST 2200
XPLN 20
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
02 SCR 2281 8
CPND
NAME MAIN POST 2200
XPLN 20
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
03 SCR 2282 8 MARP
04 SCR 2283 8 MARP
05 SCR 2284 8 MARP
17 TRN
18 AO6
19 CFW 4 2180
20 RGA
22 RNP
23 SSU 0000

The reason I mentioned CNDA was because I had the same exact issue last week. I frogged the non-working set with a known working set and the problem stayed at the desk, it didn't move with the phone. I compared TNs and CNDD was on the non-working while CNDA was on the working one. I changed the non-working one to CNDA and it works fine now.

From your posts above I see what you mean. You might try changing it to CNDA for a test just to see what you get. If it works, then maybe we can work through any issues you might have with it being programmed as CNDA.

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

I can't... I inherited a switch, with approximately 1000 programmed DN’s, that had no names programmed and name display turned off, long story. I actually just completed entering names for all extensions however, only our IT Staff has this feature turned on for testing. The user is a manager and once she sees names coming across her phone she’ll insist that it stays and gets added to everyone else’s phone instantly. We just combined two big companies into one then scaled back our employees twice. Therefore I know there’s going to be a ton of changes to the names I just entered from old, inaccurate data. I’m doomed! Hehe

Anyways, I did a search on this and many have posted with the same problem however, there doesn’t seem to be a rhyme or reason as to why this happens or how to fix it. I did see in a few posts where making the change you suggested telebub worked, and in some cases didn’t work. Why would the same phone on two similarly programmed TN’s allow, or not allow, Call Log to work?

Oh yeah, if you’ve read down this far SORRY THIS POST IS SO LONG.

Thanks Gentlemen

The only other thing I know of then would be to compare the firmware of the working phones vs. the non-working. If different, download the firmware to the non-working phone and test.

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

Yeah what? I took one phone (Firmware doesn't matter) placed it on an extension and Call Log worked. I took SAME phone and moved it to another extension programmed virtually the same way and now Call Log doesn't work on SAME phone. So at this point firmware shouldn't come into play correct?

One thing I don't think we have determined from you is "does the call log work any differently when you set CLS CNDA"

Granted, that isn't an option for you system wide, but it would answer telebub's suspicion (I think)

If it does solve the issue, you may be stuck OUTing the NAMES for now, seting the TNs to CNDA, and adding the names back when approved for system-wide deployment.

~~~
[small] [©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators [/small]

That's why I'm scrating my head because at this point it looks like something in programming however, I can't find any differences that would cause this. There have been others to ask this same question here but those posts usually come to a dead end. I got nothing! hehe

I know none of this makes sense if everything is working the way it should, but it would point developers in the right direction if writing a patch was needed.

For example, things don't always work as designed because of feature interactions. I've seen cases as odd as "When AOM=1, LHK does not work, but AOM=0 or AOM=2, LHK does work". We had to set all the TNs with AOM=1 to AOM=2 while the patch was being written.

There are much much stranger bugs that that too.

~~~
[small] [©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators [/small]

Actually no it acts the same. I took my phone (M3903 CNDA and DNDA) with Call Log working and plugged it into a very similarly programmed Extension (M3903 CNDD and DNDD) with Call Log working, and Call Log functions the same on both extensions. weird

Oh I totally agree, I was thinking that the firmware on the phone might be reacting differently to one of the features that ARE different on the extensions. There's only a couple generic features that are different on the extensions, features that shouldn't affect Call Log however, it only takes one anomaly to cripple a feature.

That's half the test. Here's the other half:

1. IDU a phone that does work and one that does not. Keep a note of that.

2. Take a phone where the log does not work from a TN with CNDD DNDD and move it to a TN with CNDA

If the log starts to work, you have all the makings and facts needed to get a patch written.

As for the phone IDU, it could be that a certain series of sets is reacting the wrong way to the PBX. Might not be firmware....that's just part of the phones brain.

~~~

That is very weird. I just changed my 3904 (call log working) from CNDA to CNDD and that stopped it from working. I changed it back to CNDA and it started working again. I don't see how any of your sets with CNDD is working based on my testing with 2 different systems. My system is an 81C on Release 3.0. The system I worked on last week with the same issue is an Option 11 on Release 4.0.

I think you should go kick it real hard. Or, like you sometimes do a vending machine, grab it and shake it back and forth real hard. Knock the bugs out of it. [evil]

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

I too am having this issue with our Option 81c M3900 series phones. I have got it working with the internal calls but any external calls are not being logged.

any idea about the external issue and why would not log those?

andrea

on 3900 phones - call logging is a feature of the phone - not the switch. If feature is active on phone but still not working - recomend firmware upgrade to set or to switch and set if switch is behind. If still not working replace set and put that one in location that it will not matter - lunch room.

I understand what your saying but the part I dont understand is why the phone does log calls missed if they are internal?

Just not logging external calls....

Andrea

TURNED OUT TO BE SOME PATCHES THAT OUR VENDOR DIALED IN OVER NIGHT AND INSTALLED AND NOW WORKING FOR INTERNAL AS WELL AS EXTERNAL LOGGING OF CALLS.

ANDREA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back