Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

M3000 sets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

canadianwolf

Technical User
Jul 20, 2003
CA
I've heard that Nortel made a not very popular but very expensive set that works on Norstar - the M3000. Is this true or is it an M1 set?

Norstar Sets are 7 series, M&T M7324,M7310,M7208,M7100 and T7316,T7208,T7100. M1 has a series of 3900 Sets.

OK so is the touch screen phone for Norstar then the M7000?

there is no such product

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

The touch screen phone is for the Meridian PBX series of switches.

Just out of curiosity... anybody have a picture or more info on these touch phones? I looked at Nortel's site and only found 3 hits, all just mentioning the existence of this phone. Seems like it was a flop, but I'd be interested to learn more about it anyway!

Thanks,
Matt

THE ONLY REASON IT FLOPPED WAS THE PRICE, IT WAS LIKE A EARLY 3904

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

The touch screen set (phone) was a 7900 set. It was compatible with the 8 x 24 system and could not be used with the MIC 0 x 32 system. It was a pretty cool set......

actully the phone phone m3000 set was pretty cool, back then due to not having to lable the darn thing. and you could programm your ringer to any thing you wanted via the piano touch screen, the big factor of flopping would have to be the price but, when this phone came out many ceo type persons wanted them, this phone was the leader in touch screen applications., was very thin, and light, and needed to be pluged in in sequence..(line cord, power cord.)
and when they went bad,,,,THEY'RE BAD/(this willnot work on a norstar system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back