Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

M2616 - Ringer Volume Control...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dehlert

MIS
Nov 1, 2005
US
I have a group of M2616's located in a Conference / Training Room that are only used on a rare occasion.

This is an "Alternate Dispatch Center" for the Sheriff's Department when they need to evacuate their main Dispatch Center. When they are not out at the Alternate Site, the room is used for meetings and for training. The ringing phones, even at their lowest volume setting, is still too loud and disruptive.

When they are not out at the Alternate Site, we would like to be able to disable the ringer on the phones and then when they have to use the phones, be able to enable the ringer.

Has anyone encountered a situation like this and if so, what did you do to disable the ringer..??

Thanks in advance.

David Ehlert
County of Fresno
IT Analyst - Communications

If you don't want the phones to ring then the easy way would be to use a Make Set Busy key.

Stanley has a working solution - that would be my first choice too. Contrary to the name, it will only return a "busy" when the line does not appear on any other phone.

I also often suggest that taking the phone off hook is a good way to cut down the interuptions. The line is still open for calls but no more than short buzz.

~

do the phones ever need to ring? if not set them in ld 11 if they are digital to SCN (single call non-ringing and the phones will not ring

Thanks for the suggestions. As to the last question, yes, the phones do need to ring when the alternate site is activated.

Actually, what we do, is have seven phones programmed exactly alike with all keys programmed as SCN and then we have a single M2616 that has its keys programmed as SCR to limit the noise. This is one of two phones that ring in the alternate site.

David Ehlert
County of Fresno
IT Analyst - Communications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back