Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

M2616 MSB and making calls being BUSY to OTHERS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyro03

Technical User
Aug 4, 2003
MX
Hi everyone, I´m new into Meridian, so here is my problem:

There´s a user that has a M2626 unit, the problem is during te lunch hour, this person doesn´t want to hear the telephone ring, so I put the feature MSB, has 3 DN key, all with the same DN. She is in the lunch hour, the telephone rings, but she is not going to answer, but in that particular time she wants to make a call, and she says that she needs to wait until the person is calling stops doing it, so she can make it.

1st. She said that the telephone rings with the MSB activated.. (Is that possible if it MSB working)

2nd. What can I do to mix MSB but allow her to make calls being BUSY to other.

Or anything else to solve the problem.

I thought about deviate all the calls to a not assigned DN, but this is not allowed.

Here is a post of the unit.

DES
TN 025 0 00 15
TYPE 2616
CDEN 8D
CUST 0
AOM 0
FDN
TGAR 1
LDN NO
NCOS 0
SGRP 0
RNPG 5
SCI 0
SSU
LNRS 16
XLST
SCPW
SFLT NO
CAC_MFC 0
CLS CTD FBD WTA LPR PUA MTD FND HTA ADD HFA
MWD LMPN RMMD SMWD AAD IMD XHD IRD NID OLD VCE DRG1
POD DSX VMD CMSD SLKD CCSD SWD LNA CNDD
CFTD SFD MRD DDV CNID CDCA MSID DAPA BFED RCBD
ICDA CDMD LLCN MCTD CLBD AUTU
GPUA DPUD DNDD CFXD ARHD CLTD ASCD
CPFA CPTA ABDD DELD CFHD FICD NAID BUZZ
UDI RCC HBTD AHD IPND DDGA NAMA MIND PRSD NRWD NRCD NROD
DRDD EXR0
USRD ULAD CCBD RTDD RBDD RBHD PGND OCBD FLXD FTTC DNDY DNO3 MCBN
CPND_LANG ROM
HUNT 000
LHK 2
PLEV 02
AST
IAPG 0
AACS NO
ITNA NO
DGRP
MLWU_LANG 0
DNDR 0
KEY 00 MCR 5545 0 MARP
01 MCR 5545 0
02 MCR 5545 0
03 GPU
04 TRN
05 CFW 16 4545#
06 AO6
08 DSP
09 RGA
10 MSB

I have read something about DND but I don´t know where to add this DN to it, I don´t know if there´s some group, or where (which LD) to add it.

Thanks in advance.

Just have the user forward their phoneset to the DN of your voicemail system. That way all the calls just go straight to her voicemail box.

How do I do his, to forward the calls to the voice mail, I have never done this before, just when I create a new DN I see by default the Voicemail option, but I haven´t created one. I don´t know how to create it. Or once this is done, how to manage it as a normal DN pressing the TRANSFER key to the DN Voicemail.

WHY DO YOU HAVE 3 APPEARANCES OF THE SAME MCR ON HER PHONE, TAKE THE 2 OFF KEY 1 AND KEY 2 AND GIVE HER A DN WITH SCR

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

How can I add a DN to a DND, and how (what LD can I use).

why don't you assign her a separate DN (go to LD 20 and at REQ type PRT, TYPE: LUDN (list unused directory number), CUST 0, (or wahtever you are) and then at DN type 5 and press RETURN. THen assign one of those unused DNs to key 11 so she can make outbound calls on that #. Since 5545 is an MCR key I assume it also rings on other people's phones. Unless you just have three keys of the same DN as MCR so that she can take three calls at a time. Which is probably not the best way to set up her phone. Are there any other phones with x5545 on them?

TC has a great suggestion. Add a separate SCR dn on key 11 to use for outgoing calls. The reason the user must wait for the call to stop ringing to place a call is keys 0,1 & 2 are MCR's and all keys will show an incoming call. Once the call is answered or call forwarded, the keys become available for making a call.

As long as you have MCRs for x5545, call forward all call (CFW) immediately to destination (ex: voicemail) will have no effect (Draxis' suggestion). This also applies to MSB. MCR keys must ring. That's how they were designed. Call forward no answer will however forward the call to programmed destinationafter set number of rings but, in your case, it is not programmed (FND is CLS and FDN is empty) therefore the call will ring until answered or the caller abandons the call.

Perry's suggestion would also work where as the MCR keys are changed to SCR keys with a single appearance of x5545 on key 0 and phantom DNs on keys 1 & 2, and LHK at 2. This would allow the user to dial out from key 2 unless there are 3 incoming calls at the same time. Of course this scenario must be carefully planned if the MCR keys appear on more than one set.

BTW, when using SCR as opposed to MCR, the CFW would now work and calls could be redirected without the set ringing.

There are many solutions to this problem. You must research which best applies in your case.

DD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back