Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

M2250 TGB will not clear

Status
Not open for further replies.

TNTelecoms

Technical User
Dec 19, 2014
CA
My M2250 has TGB #2 and #4 busy and will not clear from the console (tried shift and TGB button). Tried spare attendant console with no change. I had to move all trunks to group #1 and #3 in order to get the system running again. I'm new to this field.... as much description as possible in your answer please. Thanks.

First, go to the M2250 Consoles and make sure none of the far far left buttons are on solid - press them to deactivate "Trunk Group Busy". Solid Dark indicators must be pressed to extinguish the indicator.

Flashing only means all trunks are busy - you only care about solid indicators.

Then go to LD 15

REQ CHG
TYPE FTR

At the OPT prompt, type "XTG" (this means "Exclude Trunk Group Busy" - meaning "Disable the Trunk Group Busy Feature"

return to end - fixed

~~
Gene at GHTROUT.com

Two possible reasons why the TGB keys won't go off:

1. You are pressing the wrong key to deactivate. From your picture of the 2250 it looks like you have OPT IC2 in the CDB, meaning there are two strips of trunk group busy keys. With IC2 configured, when you press Shift the left strip of keys are TGB keys but the ICI keys are also TGB keys. Try pressing the ICI keys to the right of the lit indicator.

2. Someone previously set XTG as explained by GHTROUT but they did it while the TGB key were lit. In that case they will stay lit and can't be turned off unless you set the CDB OPT back to ITG. Once you get them off you can go back to XTG.

To get rid of the MN on the display go to LD 32 and enter
.CMIN ALL
To prevent it from appearing again
LD 17
REQ chg
TYPE parm
ALRM no

Thanks for the help StanleySteamer.

1. I tried the ICI Key... no luck

2. No changes had been made to the XTG. According to the operator: The original attendant console (2250) faulted and displayed an error code. It then was stuck in night shift mode until it was unplugged and reconnected. Two of the TGB keys were illuminated and they will not clear. All trunks were moved to trunk group 1 and 3 in order to restore system function. This is the only attendant console on our system. The error code was not recorded by the operator.

I tried setting the CDB OPT to ITG. But it still will not allow me to unselect the TGB button.

Any other ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back