Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

M2250 Driving me Crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeii

Technical User
Apr 5, 2007
US
I have a 2250 on an Opt11 25.40. It was working perfect two days ago and now it won't light up. I looked at the history to see if something happened on the switch that I wasn't aware of but everything was fine, no power issues no restarts no software issues. The 2250 is about 20' from the switch so I connected only the two tn's. This is the way that is has been working for years. I thought it might be a bad card so I changed it, no luck. I outed the 2250 and built it on a new card starting at 2-0 and 2-1. I also built the pwr tns just because. If I hook the power tn's to the 2250 it lights up. Date says 1 Jan 89. At no time did I get the correct time and date because for some reason the console doesn't see the tn's. I took it to the switch and made a cat5 cable to a female db-25 connector. First tn goes to 2(ring) and 14(Tip) second tn goes to 3(ring) and 15(Tip) 17-5 +aux 18-6 -aux. With this the console lights up like I described before but none of the keys work and still the date of 1 Jan 89. I have another m2250 and tried it and the same thing. I took both M2250 and the cat5 cable I made to my other site that is setup the same and both consoles work perfect. When I hookup a 2616 to the first tn I get the correct date and time. I know I wont get any thing from the secondary tn on a 2616 so I didn't try. I have done a cold start on the switch and that didn't work either. I have tried everything that I could think of to get this console to work but it won't. Any help would be very appreciated.

There are two possibilities,

1- the cable that cannect the 2250 to the MDF, is defected, may be the socket that enters the 2250.
2- the order of the 4 pins are wrong, no need for power TNs, just make sure of the pins, and try the all possibilities
like you have pin 1, pin 2 and pin 3, pin 4. for the two TNs.

TN 1( pin 1, Pin 2), TN 2( Pin 3, pin 4).
TN 1( Pin 1, Pin 2), TN 2( Pin 4, pin 3).
TN 1( Pin 2, Pin 1), TN 2( Pin 3, Pin 4).
TN 1( pin 2, Pin 1), TN 2( Pin 4, pin 3).
TN 1( Pin 3, Pin 4), TN 2( Pin 1, pin 2).
TN 1( Pin 3, Pin 4), TN 2( Pin 2, Pin 1).
TN 1( pin 4, Pin 3), TN 2( Pin 1, pin 2).
TN 1( Pin 4, Pin 3), TN 2( Pin 2, pin 1).

Wish you good luck

I followed your instructions and it started working. Thank You for your help. It was TN 1 (pin 3&4) TN 2 (pin 2&1).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back