Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

M2008 Emulator ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripo1953

IS-IT--Management
Jun 22, 2009
CA
Hello ,
We have a Nortel PBX and we need to record some telephone lines from inside and also outside as we have teleworkers . We have opted to install 8 M2008 sets /ports on the recording device with DIDs and automatic answer back .
The homeworker contact his client first and then conference in one of the 8 DID ports .
What I am looking for is a device that will emulate the M2008 sets to prevent the psysical installation of M2008 in a room .I have looked on internet but found nothing yet ..
Thanks !

I forgot to mention that our choice of recording device
is almost made,we have 2 compagnies that offers sufficient
encryption and both these companies would require to have
M2008 DID telephone sets installed .
All I am looking for right now is a device that would emulate a M2008 sets .
Thanks

There is no profit to be made to make a product to emulate one that is manufacture discontinued and no longer supported.

The closest I've seen was one that emulated a 2616 set for integration between a Meridian 1 and an Octel 250.
(Octel Configuration note 5002) DMID integration.

KE407122
'Who is this guy named Lo Cel and why does he keep paging me?'

M2008 emulators don't exist. If you're looking to record calls made to/from a Meridian phone, you'll need a voice logger with a PDET or a DAC which you loop the line through.

Are you sure they do not just require a TN programmed as a 2008 to plug in to their hardware? Similar to how Meridian mail functioned before Call Pilot.

Well both companies I am looking at ( Nice & Oxillio) told
me they needed M2008 , this is why I tought that if there was a device in the market that would emulate M2008 , I would not have to instal M2008 sets .
Because we have staff working from home that also need to
be recorded we decided to program the M2008 as follows :
1) I found M2008 sets ( with no handsfree )
2) I will program them with HFA and AUTO answerback
I tested it and it works , as soon as I call that DID
it does answer ( auto answer) and when I do make a conference to add a third party ( and we do not hear anything) ... having a real handsfree set would have created a noisy environment and the system would have recorded all that noise .

What happens when you unplug the 2008 and try?

That I did not try , but I wouldn't suspect the set would go DISABLE ?

It may not until midnights run, depending on how you are configured. You can always turn that feature off if you have to.

Thanks , it may be a viable solution , I was not aware we could turn that feature ( to disable the sets) off !

Thanks
I have just added the FLXA on my test set and I have unplugged the set , when I tested it , it did but I am
hearing a humming noise which prevent me from recording it .
Any idea why do I get such a noice ?

The option FLXA is on .
1) if the set is unplugged , I call my test set , the auto
answer works but I hear a humming noise

2) if the set is plugged and I remove the handset , the
auto answer does not work ( rings no answer)

3) if the set is plugged and the handset on the craddle
all is working fine , but it means I will have to
install 8 of these sets somewhere in my telephone room

RIP1953

Were you able to find a solution for this? I'm also trying to do the same thing but I'm using the Witness product.

Not yet but there is still one
special programming that I intend to try .. just in case .
Will keep you posted
Rita

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back