Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

M12x0 Module with CI Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

IsItPhone

IS-IT--Management
Feb 14, 2016
US
I have a MICS unit that we needed to add 4 more pots lines to.
I installed a 6 port fiber card.
Have port 8 connected to the M12X0.
Have the CI card installed in the M12X0 slot 1.
Programmed the lines and extension to connect to the new line. (set to Appr&Ring)
For me this is line L061, L062,L063,L064
The lines do not ring when dialed from the outside.
If you pickup an extension and select one of the line you get dial tone and can call out.
Did I miss something?

Presume they flash and you can answer by pressing the line button that is flashing??

I would test the lines on one of the KSU ports since they do work.
And/Or take a working KSU line and test it on the 12X0.
If the problem follows over to the KSU and the KSU line works on the 12X0 you might have an incoming voltage issue where not enough to generate a RING, test the voltage.

Once above test is completed also try another slot on 12X0 and/or another line card.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

The incoming call does not register, it does not flash the line when the call comes in.

Tried using known working lines from the base system on the 12X0 the problem stays on the 12X0.
Also tried changing the card to slot 2 and reprogramming for the new line numbers.

Also try different fiber slot number and reprogramming.

Also tried a DS card inplace of the caller ID card.

Same results.

Then that makes it the 12X0 I gather.
Try to post those details in the first post.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

You are programming the the wrong lines. Ver 6.x and higher Module 8 slot 3 is Lines 077-080. Slot 1 is 061-064. What is version of the MICS?

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM, Samsung & Allworx Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

Corrected the post. I last left it in slot 1. I ordered another 12X0 today.

Thanks for updating. Do you see the module and card in MAINTENANCE?

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM, Samsung & Allworx Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

Yes I can see it.
I changed the 12X0 today and a installed a different DS card.
Same Issue.
I also changed out the fiber cable.
Only thing left I can think of is the fiber card but the M0X16 works with no issues, no mater which port I try.
I'm ordering a 2 port card to try. Let me know if you think of anything.

If you swap out a the 6 port for a 2 port you will default the system. Be prepared to reprogram from scratch.

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back